I am delighted to present an opportunity for three Specialty Doctors to join a NHS Foundation Trust in a role within the Urgent Treatment Centre. This is an opportunity for experienced doctors within the field of emergency medicine who can offer a high level of independent care with an Emergency and Acute Setting.
This is an opportunity for the post-holder to play an active role in all aspects of a patient’s medical care within the Urgent Care Centre. You will complement the existing service within the UCC with your specialist knowledge & expertise, especially your experience working in A&E. The post holder will be under the supervision of the consultant and you will be expected to commit to the full-time clinical rota (10PA) weekly. There will be on-going requirements for professional development for which you will receive dedicated non-clinical (SPA) time weekly. The Specialty Doctors within the UTC play a key role in the broader emergency service across the Trust and will be expected to contribute to the leadership of the service.
Manchester consistently ranks as the most liveable city in the UK according to The Global Liveability Survey. In general, the Northwest is one of the most desirable locations to live for IMGs. The region is extremely diverse and attracts an international community and the city of Manchester has a modern a cosmopolitan feel for young couples and singles. You will also enjoy a much lower cost of living than the Southern parts of the UK which makes it a perfect place for young families too. In particular, Manchester has a rich and fascinating history and it offers an exciting array of opportunities inside and outside the city. You also benefit from international travel with the Manchester International Airport on your doorstep.
- 32% lower cost of living than London
- Manchester International Airport
- There are 12 mosques in and around the Manchester area
The trust provides a wide variety of high quality services within the multiple sites. The Urgent Treatment Centre treats a wide variety of both adult and paediatric patients with minor illness and injury which require urgent assessment. The department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. This opportunity is best suited for A&E doctors who wish to join a smaller UTC. The parent NHS Trust employs over 20,000 staff.
- Relevant primary medical qualification (MBBS) or Equivalent
- 6 months NHS experience
- 2 years minimum in Emergency Medicine or equivalent
- Exposure to an Acute Medicine Setting
- Experience with Paediatrics
- ALS o& APLS qualifications
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of the Emergency Medicine Specialism
- Tailored Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and salary negotiations
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Guidance through Pre-employment checks
- COS and Visa Application support for you and your family
- Support securing short-term and long-term accommodation
- Assistance with Travel Arrangements
- Support finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.