The Trust are looking for excellent Specialty Doctors to join the dynamic and friendly Emergency department. The position is suitable for doctors interested in furthering their knowledge, skills and experience whilst working in a supportive environment. The successful applicant will be joining a modern department with both sustainable and satisfying job plans. The successful applicants will be encouraged to obtain post-graduate qualifications and developing leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Successful applicants will be expected assess and manage patients that present to the emergency department with all types of cases such as adult, paediatric, trauma and non-traumatic presentations. The service delivery will be on the middle grade rota. You will be expected to supervise and support the junior doctors as required and be involved of resuscitation of the acutely ill and injure patients. You will be allocated supporting clinical activities time to engage in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as well as department development activities. Duties include:
- Support the ED shop floor
- Assist in delivering quality patient care
- Cooperate with the other departments and refer patients if required
- Communicate and work closely with colleagues and other departments
- Undertake a senior role in the Trauma Team and the resuscitation of seriously ill patients.
- Actively participate in the teaching and training sessions
The department sees more than 90,000 new attendances per annum covering a full spectrum of acute illnesses and injury that is seen in a busy district general hospital. The department has a designated Trauma receiving unit and has links to the local major trauma centre.
The consultant body has several areas of specialist interests and specific training can be provided in different areas such as: paediatric emergency medicine, core and enhanced emergency ultrasound, hand surgery, education, and simulation. There is a daily review clinic and weekly paediatric review clinic.
There are established programmes of teaching, audit, and research that the successful applicant will be encouraged to partake in.
The state-of-the-art department provides excellent facilities for the reception and assessment of all acute and emergency presentations. There is also a Same Day Emergency Care unit immediately adjacent to the Emergency Department with the Emergency Assessment Unit located on the floor above.
The hospital is located within close distance of Newcastle and only 30 minutes away from Newcastle International Airport. It has a large international community with easy access to the city centre, a lot of stores to do your shopping in and a great selection of schools. With great transport links, it is easy to get around and the cost of living is lower than the largest cities in the UK.
- MRCEM or equivalent Postgraduate examinations
- Desirable: Provider for ALS, ATLS (or ETC), APLS (or equivalent)
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS, and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care