This well-reputed Trust are looking for an enthusiastic doctor with a good background of working in internal medicine to join their team. As a Specialty Doctor, your main responsibility will be to provide clinical cover for inpatient care and ambulatory care. You’ll also be expected to assist with the clinical management of patients and help junior members of the clinical team. The job plan will involve 12 PAs (48 hours) per week, there is scope for additional hours to be added as part of the job plan if you’d like. The aim of this post is to help a senior doctor get specialist registration through CESR and become a substantive consultant at the Trust in the long-term.
- You’ll predominantly be based on the Acute Medicine Unit (AMU) working with in-patients coping with acute medical illnesses. You’ll be expected to diagnose, manage and treat patients in the unit. Patients will be based here for a maximum of 72 hours before either being discharged or transferred.
- You’ll be required to attend multi-disciplinary team meetings for patients presenting issues across multiple specialties.
- As a senior member of staff, you’ll be required to assist with the training and management of junior doctors in department.
- You will be allocated a period of time each week to use on research or to get exposure in a sub-specialty.
- You will also be expected to gather evidence to use for your CESR. You will be assisted through this process through the Trust’s dedicated CESR lead.
The hospital is a large district general hospital based in the West Midlands. The team is staffed by a friendly and welcoming group of doctors and non-clinical staff. You’ll be well-supported here by an CESR lead who has an excellent track record of helping doctors to reach specialist registration.
You’ll be based in a city in the West Midlands. The city is multicultural and has a rich history of welcoming people from all over the world. Being in the West Midlands you have easy access to the rest of the UK. The standard of schools local to the hospital is excellent at both primary and secondary level. Cost of living here is lower than the average for the rest of England.
The following are essential:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Evidence of English language competency (IELTS/OET)
- Either previous overseas experience at consultant or specialist grade OR current UK experience as a Registrar
Preferred but not essential:
- Full MRCP (UK)
- SCE in Acute Medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.