This opportunity is perfect for doctors with a wide range of experience in general or geriatric medicine, who are looking to advance their clinical skills and knowledge in the NHS. As geriatric medicine is a subspecialty of general medicine, it allows doctors to apply their expertise across a wide range of illnesses and medical conditions that are common in older patients. This makes geriatric medicine very accessible for highly skilled and experienced international doctors who are looking to continue their medical career in the NHS.
- Attend daily ward rounds, providing senior support and specialist opinion.
- participate in teaching and education of junior doctors, nurses, and medical staff.
- attend multidisciplinary meetings with specialists from other departments.
- Contribute to audit, research, and data collection responsibilities.
- Facilitate the discharges on the ward.
- Participate in the on-call rota, as required.
The hospital is roughly 450 beds, with over 200 beds across the multiple sites of the Trust dedicated to providing high quality inpatient care to elderly patients. There is a wide range of services available within the geriatrics division, such as inpatient rehabilitation, an ortho-geriatric service, community treatment team, and many more. The department also holds daily outpatient clinics, which provides a great opportunity to expand on teaching for junior doctors and medical staff
London offers international doctors a highly attractive environment to live and work in. Its diverse and multicultural atmosphere welcomes people from all over the world, making it easier for doctors to feel at home. London's vibrant cultural scene, which has many theaters, museums, restaurants, and parks, provides a great opportunity for leisure and relaxation. The city's extensive public transportation simplifies commuting, allowing you to explore and enjoy everything London has to offer. London also has six major international airports, which makes it very convenient when it’s time to visit friends and family overseas.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- GMC with a license to practice
- Wide range of experience in general or geriatric medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.