Geriatric medicine is centered around the medical care of elderly patients. This is very closely aligned with general internal medicine overseas, so it is very accessible for international doctors with a background in general medicine. Within this sub-specialty of general medicine, you will be addressing acute and chronic illnesses and disorders within older people, such as cognitive decline, mobility limitations, and frailty fractures. This provides an excellent way to get more experience in the NHS system, and continue to progress as a geriatrician.
- Assessment and management of elderly patients in both an outpatients and inpatient setting, promoting high-quality medical care.
- Participation in the relevant on-call rota as required.
- Attendance in meetings with multidisciplinary team, working alongside nurses, consultants, and specialty trainees.
- Participation in postgraduate training programmes, supervising junior doctors who are seeing patients on the ward.
- Contribute to audit and administrative duties.
- Participating in ward rounds, conferences, and clinical meetings
- Overseeing the implementation of care plans for elderly patients.
This Trust offers a wide range of medical services to its community, including emergency care, inpatient wards, outpatient clinics, surgical services, diagnostic procedures, maternity and obstetrics care, intensive care, and various specialty departments. There are multiple sites within the Trust, with over 700 beds which cater to a majorly elderly population. The hospitals provide an excellent opportunity to work alongside specialists and professionals, such as Stroke and Frailty Consultants, who deal with the multiple co-morbidities and services based around the care of elderly patients.
This city is a very welcoming and culturally diverse environment, which creates a sense of community, while its lower cost of living compared to London provides financial relief. There is no shortage of nearby amenities, like restaurants, parks, and shops, and museums. There are also big academic and research institutions nearby, which present many opportunities for professional growth and education. Travelling to London only takes an hour and a half, so you will be able to explore the capital in no time. There is also an international airport in this city, making it easy to travel and see friends and family overseas. Overall, this is a very nice location to start a new part of your life, with opportunities to grow your career and have a great work-life balance.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- GMC with a license to practice.
- Experience in general or geriatric medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.