As a General Medicine Consultant, you will be responsible for providing high quality care for patients with a wide range of medical cases. This position is perfect for international doctors with a lot of experience in internal medicine and wish to continue to develop their knowledge and expertise in the NHS.
- To actively lead ward rounds, undertake OPD clinics, and participate in the consultant on-call rota as required.
- Work alongside a team of other consultants, specialists, junior doctors, and nurses to deliver high quality care to a wide range of inpatients and outpatients.
- Participate in the teaching and education of junior doctors and medical staffing.
- Be involved in audits and quality improvement projects to ensure a high standard of care.
- Participate in research and actively contribute to expanding the knowledge within the field of general internal medicine.
The Trust prides itself on providing high quality care to their patients and caters to the large population of the surrounding area. There is also a range of acute and community-based services, such as an emergency department, maternity services, physiotherapy, and palliative care. The hospital also has a same day emergency care (SDEC) department, in which you will have the opportunity to support the Acute Physicians. There are also specialist clinics, which you will be able to oversee. The hospital itself is about 350 beds.
The hospital is based in the northwest of England, in a beautiful town situated between Manchester and Birmingham. You will be living amongst the beautiful countryside with a canal nearby. There are many excellent local schools, providing great education opportunities for families with kids. This history-filled town is full of markets, shops, restaurants, and many more amenities that will satisfy all your living needs. With London being less than a couple hours away, you have easy access to the capitol whilst avoiding all the costly expenses. Additionally, with Manchester airport close by, you’ll be able to visit friends and family abroad with ease.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- Full GMC with a license to practice.
- Wide range of experience in general medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.