The Acute Medicine department at this dynamic and welcoming hospital are looking for a new ST3+ to join their team. This is an excellent role for an individual with experience in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or medical ICU, to transfer these skills into the NHS.
- As an ST3 you will be key in delivering high-quality care to patients experiencing a medical emergency.
- The role will be largely based in the Acute Medical Unit, Short Stay Wards, Same Day Emergency Care. The SDEC co-managed with the Emergency Department.
- The ST3+ doctors are expected to participate on the Medical Registrar on-call rota, dealing with the unselected acute take covering all medical emergencies.
- The Acute team has Consultant presence from 8-4, outside of this there is a Consultant on call. There is also a full team of junior doctors.
- As Registrars you are expected to lead and support junior doctors.
The Hospital and Department:
The main acute site has around 400 beds and a wide range of medical services. The Acute Medicine team sits within the Division of Integrated Medicine and has close ties with the other sub-specialist teams.
The department are committed to continuing professional development. For example, there is potential involvement in simulation training days, teaching medical students, management, leadership, education, study leave for gaining certificates etc. Doctors are expected to participate in clinical audits and proper record keeping. Assistance will be provided to individuals to maximise their quality improvement projects and add to their portfolios / CVs. There are various lunchtime teaching sessions available, e.g. journal clubs. There is an education centre and library on site for staff use, accessible 24 hours a day. Further, all ST3s will be allocated a clinical supervisor to work through professional development.
The location is in a town on the outskirts London, this is the perfect location in that you can live and work outside of the hectic capital city yet can very easily jump on a train and be in the centre. London is world renowned for its restaurants, shops, theatres and diverse communities so it is great to have on the doorstep. The town is only 45 minutes from Heathrow, the UK’s largest international airport. The quality of schooling in the area is very high, with several grammar schools surrounding the hospital.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP or equivalent
- GMC registration or eligibility
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.