The department is actively seeking doctors for a 12-month contract, leading to specialist registration through the CESR program in Emergency Medicine. The role is ideal for doctors looking to progress with consultant-led support, as the department has a history of successfully guiding doctors through the CESR pathway. The opportunity to rotate through trust departments provides comprehensive support, both clinically and non-clinically, fostering career development.
Successful applicants will collaborate with colleagues within the Trust and department to deliver Emergency Care service to the local community. Once settled into the department, clinicians will be offered the opportunity to become the senior decision-maker on night shifts when there is no consultant presence. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- General clinical management of patients
- Maintenance of skills and knowledge through CPD
- Participation of the training and supervision of junior medical staff
- Taking an active role in clinical audit and clinical governance projects
The Yorkshire region is one of the most picturesque areas in the UK, offering miles of stunning landscapes. It accommodates all walks of life by offering easy access to both major cities, seaside towns and rural villages. Yorkshire is not only a hotspot for musical and sporting talent, but it’s also home to many cultural sites including castles and roman walls to explore as well as notable statues and monuments. Other benefits include:
- Low cost of living
- Charming countryside
- Lively cities
- Highly rated schools
- Terrific transport links
The Trust holds a 'Good' rating from the CQC and is renowned for delivering high-quality patient service and fostering staff growth. The effectiveness of the Trust's CESR program is apparent, as some of the existing consultant body has successfully completed it. The Trust comprises two emergency departments, both located in mid-sized hospitals.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Relevant post graduate qualifications such as the MRCEM qualification
- 3+ years of experience in Emergency Medicine
- GMC registration in full
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to utilise BDI Resourcing when applying for your next position, you will receive the following support from our expert team of Emergency Medicine recruiters:
- Tailored CV preparation and advice.
- Job application support, ensuring your CV is presented to the relevant points of contact.
- Interview preparation utilising questions that are specific to your role and the hospital you are applying to.
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary and financial relocation support.
Once you have accepted your new role, you will then be provided support by one of our dedicated relocation experts, who will be there to support you in every step of your move into your new location. This includes:
- Gathering of pre-employment documentation and verification.
- CoS and VISA guidance and support.
- Short-term and long-term accommodation sourcing.
- Travel arrangements and guidance.
- Family support in locating schools and any other pastoral support required.