The Trust is looking for 2 Specialty Doctors to join the friendly and dynamic department. The successful candidates will be expected to guide and supervise the junior clinicians in the department whilst working closely with the other Registrar doctors to ensure the department is running efficiently. We have an established CESR training programme which can usually be completed after approximately 4 years subject to the individual.
Duties and Responsibilities
A job plan will be provided before joining the department and this will be reviewed annually. You will start by working 11.75 PAs which includes SPA time for personal development. After settling in the department, you will have the option to do 10 PAs instead. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with patient evaluation, care, and admittance in the emergency room
- Facilitate patient discharge
- Assess and manage patients in the review clinic
- Demonstrate, teach, supervise, and lead by example to Registrars and supervise Junior doctors within the department.
- Communicate and work closely with colleagues and other departments
- Undertake a senior role in the Trauma Team and the resuscitation of seriously ill patients.
- Actively participate in the teaching and training sessions
The Hospital and the Emergency department
This opportunity is at a small district hospital in the emergency department at a Trust which has a fantastic reputation. We provide services to a catchment population of over 1 million people in the Yorkshire region. The hospital overall and also our emergency services were rated as “Good” by the CQC. Weekly teaching sessions are run for all staff and the teaching programme is specifically designed to support the FRCEM curriculum. The ED sees around 50,000 patients annually which includes adult and paediatric patients. On a daily basis, the Emergency Department sees an average of between 120-180 patients.
The hospital is based in Yorkshire approximately 50 minutes away from Leeds. This countryside is well known for its many festivals and shops. The hospital is easily accessible as there are excellent transport links, this makes commuting to work easy through car, train or bus. Leeds Bradford Airport is the nearest airport to the hospital which is only 14 miles away, this is around a 35 minute drive. For candidates that will be moving with children, there are many schools rated “Good” & “Outstanding” nearby.
- MRCEM or equivalent Postgraduate examinations
- Desirable: Provider for ALS, ATLS, APLS (or equivalent)
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS, and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care