This is a highly sought after position in the Central Midlands which offers a fantastic development program for internationally trained doctors purposely built into your induction period. The Trust are looking for a registrar in Paediatrics and level 1 Neonatology who is keen and committed to learn all that is on offer from a dedicated team of consultants and senior staff.
This post would suite someone who is in the final stages of GMC registration, ideally with MRCPCH and OET. With this supportive pediatric team there will be dedicated training time granted for CPD and sub-specialty research with the ability to specialize encouraged as you progress at the hospital.
As a middle grade trust doctor, you will be expected to:
- Attend ward rounds and out-patient clinics.
- Assess patients admitted to the pediatric assessment unit.
- Be responsible for appropriate discharge summaries.
- Supervise SHO’s and Junior Fellows in evaluating patients and undertaking clinical tasks.
- The successful candidate will be expected to complete additional duties in emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
- Covering the postnatal ward, delivery suite and SCBU.
- Offer advice and support to the maternity staff in the care of newborns.
- Fulfil the duty of the weekly timetable including any out-of-hours responsibilities
- Engage in quality improvement and participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
- This Trust is recognized for its clinical excellence and supportiveness to IMG’s which is reflected in a CQC report rating the effectiveness, Care and Responsiveness as “good”.
- The Trust has 700 total beds and serves a large child population where you will get the opportunity to see a diverse range of cases and different presentations of disease.
- The Paediatric department has a 20 cot Neonatal unit and you will have the opportunity to be involved in SCBU level neonatal care.
- The Hospital is located in the center of the UK in a fantastic location benefiting from a diverse population and all the amenities of city life with a low cost of living.
- There is a modern shopping district boasting international restaurants and modern facilities.
- There are good and outstanding schools within 20 minutes of the hospital by car.
- The Hospital is within 2 hours of an international airport which makes flying to visit family and for vacation time easy and accessible.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCPCH (essential)
- GMC Registration
- Senior or Registrar experience overseas
- Past experience in level 1 Neonatology
- APLS and NLS Desirable
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.