BDI Resourcing are looking for an NHS experienced Paediatrician/Neonatologist to work as a Senior Clinical Fellow in the beautiful south east of England. This is a great opportunity for a doctor with good experience in both General Paediatrics and Neonatology who is ready to work on the middle-grade rota. If you are looking to get into teaching & training then this could be the perfect opportunity for the next stage of your career.
You will be expected to:
- As per the rota you will be responsible for paediatric and neonatal admissions and ongoing care.
- When appropriate you will attend Consultant ward rounds.
- Participating in paediatric clinics.
- Capable of undertaking ward rounds, with supervision of the Consultants.
- Participation in research projects.
- Targeting CPD activity to address the needs of your career and the clinical knowledge and skills required of the post.
- You will be participating in clinical incidents, clinical audits, protocol development and adverse events.
- Keeping up to date with all suitable resuscitation courses i.e. NLS and APLS/EPLS.
- Keeping up to date with Safeguarding training i.e. at level 3 or above.
The Trust operates across 2 hospitals and provides around 850 beds and covers a population of around 600,000 people. The hospital you will be based in faces many cases covering acute/general paediatrics with a Local Neonatal Unit (LNU) which you will also be participating in.
The paediatric department is very friendly, ambitious and supportive towards diversity, research, innovation & digital development. The candidate who is successful in this interview will have fantastic opportunities such as: teaching & training within the Trust, clinical audit & research involvement with a rota designed to support your progression.
The location has a very interesting history which backdates to the Roman origin, with its beautiful architecture. It has a mixture of historic buildings with Georgian, Victorian and medieval styles with a landmark cathedral complementing the beautiful city. Not only is this a beautiful city, but you also have the luxury of amazing countryside and coastline views, with access beaches & national parks.
The location is very vibrant with a variety of activities to do such as theatres, museums, art galleries and music venues where the city hosts various festivals throughout the year. The local markets and high-street brands will really fulfil your shopping experience. It has great variety of restaurants, cafés & pubs to enjoy in your leisure time. The local university is one of the most recognised in the UK, attracting people from all over the world which will be a great opportunity if you have children.
Another benefit from living in this location is the fantastic transport connections which makes it an easy commute to the closest international airport.
In order to be considered eligible for this role, you will need:
- Full GMC Registration
- Have NHS experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
As well as the above, the following are also desirable, though not necessarily essential:
- SCE or other recognised senior qualifications
- Life support qualifications such as NLS and APLS/EPLS.
- Experience with safeguarding cases
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care