This prestigious Trust are looking for two Acute Medicine Senior Clinical Fellows to join their team. This post is suitable for doctors wishing to gain exposure in Acute Medicine before going into training within a medical specialty; or those who want to gain evidence and experience towards a CESR application. As a Senior Clinical Fellow you will rotate across three units: the AMU (Acute Medicine Unit); SDEC (Same Day Emergency Care); and the SSU (Short Stay Unit).
- Assess, treat and manage patients coming into the hospital with acute medical illnesses.
- Rotate across the AMU, SDEC, and SSU.
- Participate in the on-call rota. The rota will involve the occasional weekend and overnight.
- Provide strong leadership for the acute medical ward junior staff.
- Assist in the medical education of junior members of the clinical team as well as undergraduates from the local university.
- Participate in audits and clinical research projects involving the Acute Medicine department.
- Adhere to clinical governance and contribute to the review of incidents and complaints.
The hospital is a large state-of the-art facility based in the West Midlands. It is a centre famed for its significant contributions to UK clinical research. The hospital is made up of a vibrant, multicultural community who will help you feel welcome and supported upon arrival. The department has a long history of helping doctors from overseas get used to the NHS system.
The West Midlands is one of the most sought-after locations in England. It includes Birmingham plus the surrounding cluster of smaller towns and cities around it including Coventry, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley. Combined, they make up the largest urban area in the country outside of London. Its an area very well known for its multiculturalism, with a large population that comes from a variety of ethnic backgrounds.
Compared to other regions in the UK, the West Midlands offers some very affordable housing options so it tends to be a suitable option if you have a large family to support.
Because you’re based in the heart of England here, you’re ideally located for transport connections. There are quick, direct rail links to major cities like London, Manchester and Bristol. Birmingham Airport is located close by which offers direct flights to various destinations in Asia, Africa and America.
To apply for this position you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- MRCP (UK), MRCP (Ireland), Sri Lankan MD, PLAB, USMLE
- Experience working in Internal Medicine for at least four years
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.