Though Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC) is relatively new, it’s becoming a popular subspecialty of general medicine in the NHS. As a registrar in SDEC, you will be responsible for the day-to-day ambulatory care of patients and offer support to the acute medical wards.
- Deliver a high quality and independent service in the SDEC Unit, accompanied by a team of junior doctors, specialists, and consultants.
- Work alongside the Acute Medical Unit (AMU) and Urgent Treatment Centre to provide specialist knowledge and expertise to help acutely ill patients.
- Liaise with colleagues across a multidisciplinary team.
- There are no on calls associated with this post.
- Provide care for patients referred to from the Emergency Department, GPs, and Ambulance service.
This hospital has over 500 inpatient beds and provides a high-quality service to a wide range of specialties, including A&E, acute medicine, cardiology, neurology, and radiotherapy, amongst others. In the SDEC Unit, patients are initially assessed in the trolley area, and are admitted to an acute hospital bed if they require one. You will work alongside a fully staffed team of consultants, junior doctors, and specialist nurses. In this position, you will also have the opportunity to work really closely with GPs, Community Hospitals, and other Primary Care facilities.
This region is quite popular as it’s a very desirable place to live in England, thanks to its family-friendly and diverse atmosphere. With Central London being quite close, you have the added advantage of being able to explore the vibrant capitol during your free time. The hospital is conveniently located on the outskirts of London, providing easy access to public transportation, and the nearest airport is less than an hour away. This also means that the cost of living is cheaper, compared to Central London. Visits to friends and family abroad are conventions, as well as travel to various parts of the UK. Additionally, there are a lot of excellent schools, making it an ideal choice for families with young children who prioritize a high-quality education.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP.
- GMC Registration.
- Experience in Acute/General Medicine.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.