A fantastic opportunity has arisen, to join a general district hospital, located in West Yorkshire and regularly voted a great place to live and work. Surrounded by plenty green spaces, a market town and larger cities within close reach. You will enjoy the best of both worlds.
Our NHS Trust is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion and are actively seeking a Consultant Radiologist with interest in GI Radiology to complement the existing team of Radiologists. This is a temporary position to cover the sabbatical of one of our current Consultant GI Radiologists, with the potential for the post to be made substantive.
An excellent choice employer for those interested in a great work-life balance with all Consultants having access to full PACS homework stations to support flexible and agile working opportunities.
Mon-Fri 9-5pm (Full-Time) 10 PAs per + General Diagnostic 1:8 on-calls.
- The candidate would be expected to be proficient in all aspects of diagnostic GI reporting including US, CT (including CT Colonography) and MRI.
- Our client uses the Wellbeing CRIS for its Radiology Information System and Agfa Enterprise Imaging for PACS. Radiology reporting is performed in Enterprise Imaging and is available on Trust and home reporting workstations.
- Other non-vascular interventional skills, including image-guided biopsies and drainages, would be an advantage.
- The candidate would be expected to contribute to the Lower GI, Upper GI and CUP MDT (Wednesday weekly) meetings. The Trust benefits from an enthusiastic Gastroenterology and General Surgery department with whom the Radiology Department enjoys excellent working relationships.
- In week, on call is 5-8pm in week and 8am-8pm at a weekend. We have a telemedicine on call service provided by an external company for CT scans 8pm-8am daily.
- Acute CT cover in hours x2 sessions per week
- General inpatient MR reporting
- Any other duties necessary for the successful performance of the role, commensurate with the grade.
The main Radiology Department consists of Plain Film/X-Ray (including Fluoroscopy), CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Mammography. It also provides DEXA in its Day Hospital for the Elderly. Community clinics are provided for improved access to patients in the local area at a neighbouring General Hospital and Health Centre of which both have plain film facilities and in the case of the Health Centre an Ultrasound Room. All equipment is digital and linked to PACS.
Community Diagnostic Centres
The hospital is working closely with a Yorkshire Teaching Hospitals to operationalise a new Community Diagnostic Centre that will provide additional capacity for imaging services, including Plain Film X-Ray, Ultrasound (with and without contrast), CT (with and without contrast) and MRI (with and without contrast). The site will be based at local Community Hospital.
Situated in between the bustling city of Bradford and the picturesque market town of Skipton. Nestled at the foothills of the northern Pennines, the village has a strong community spirit, proud of its agricultural and textile heritage. Today it prospers as a rural community with junior school, several secondary schools are within commutable distance and local facilities such as a pub, post office and fish and chip shop perfect for indulging in a Yorkshire favourite as well as a converted mill which hosts several local businesses. The village lies just minutes from the General Hospital which serves the surrounding region and is on a main arterial route to Skipton and the cities of West Yorkshire including Leeds and Bradford.
Nearby Skipton straddles the Leeds-Liverpool Canal and scenic trips along the waterways can be enjoyed. It’s also a popular place for canal boats to moor as they navigate their way through some of the most picturesque scenery. Known as the ‘Gateway to the Dales’ the rolling hills of this national park are accessed within minutes. Indeed, in March 2014 The Sunday Times judged Skipton as the "best place to live" because of its proximity to the Yorkshire Dales, its superb schools and its independent shops.
Other popular Yorkshire places are also nearby including the affluent town of Ilkley and its famous moor, and the UNESCO heritage site of Saltaire.
- Relevant NHS experience
- Higher specialist training in GI Radiology
- MDT participation
- Teaching / mentoring
- Participation with imaging networks
- CDC awareness
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next Consultant Radiology role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS, and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new Consultant in Clinical Radiology role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new Radiology role in the NHS including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care