There is an amazing opportunity to join the Emergency Department as a Locum Consultant where your leadership and management skills will be used. This is an exciting opportunity for a Locum Consultant looking to progress their career in a supportive trust where you are expected to guide, teach, and assist all levels of doctors to improve daily. If successful, you will be offered a 12-month contract with a view to extend at the end of the year. The offer includes a £3,000 recruitment bonus for joining the department.
The department offers a standard 10 PAs; however, we are able to offer an additional 2 PAs if this is preferred. As part of the contract, you will also have 2 SPAs included as we encourage all staff to further develop their personal skills by getting involved in research, audits, teaching and other self-development activities.
- To provide high quality consultant delivered care
- Perform clinical leadership and supervision of junior medical staff, ensuring only the highest standards of clinical care are provided to all patients attending the department
- Prioritise high quality patient care, dignity, and safety
- Work in conjunction with the nurse of charge of the night shift, SpR/Specialty doctor lead to ensure that there is effective and timely communication between the clinical team maintaining optimal patient flow.
- Manage a team of clinical staff and communicate with local GP’s.
- Provide teaching and training at undergraduate and postgraduate level as well as supervise, train and guide the junior and specialty doctors including the emergency nurse practitioners.
- Be proactive in the care group’s clinical governance agenda and take on leadership roles to support continuous learning and improvement
- To liaise with clinicians and managers within and outside the department to address issues arising that affect the services.
- Participate in relevant audit and quality assurances process.
The hospital and the department:
Our Trust is one of the biggest trusts in the NHS with multiple acute hospitals serving the community, with hospitals that serve specialist services in the Southeast of England. The trusts serves a population of more than half a million patients every year making it a busy and good trust to hone your major and trauma cases expertise.
The hospital site itself contains multiple departments that tend together with every patient. The departments deal with comprehensive trauma, orthopaedic, obstetrics and general surgery cases just to name a few. The hospital has been upgraded to include state of the art modern operating theatres, an ITU, a Cardiac Catheter Laboratory and a Cancer unit, just to name a few. It has a resourceful postgraduate teaching centre, staff and will host a Clinical Trials Unit. The hospital is gaining national investment and looks to expand its services especially the busy emergency department.
The area is a beautiful location with a large selection of shops/services, entertainment, and community centres. It is only approximately an hour and a half away from central London and even an international airport.
The area is renowned for its excellent schools that offer many opportunities for students. There are also many stunning properties within the area that are suitable for small to large families.
- Full GMC Registration
- FRCEM or equivalent
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance.
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role.
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more.
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking.
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care.