This is an exciting opportunity for a doctor looking to pursue a senior career in the NHS in General Medicine. Whether this is your first NHS Consultant position or whether you’re already in the role and looking for something new, this could be a great option for you!
- As a Consultant in the General Medicine team, you are expected to be flexible in the cases that you see. You will be responsible for providing leadership and senior decision making within the team.
- You will oversee the delivery of high-quality care to General Medicine patients on the wards and in outpatient clinics.
- This is a 10 PA job (40 hours per week), the exact job plan will be discussed between the Clinical Lead and the applicant, but at least 1 PA per week will be for non-clinical work.
- At present there is a 1:8 weekend on-call rota for the Consultant team, to ensure smooth discharge of patients over the weekend.
You will be based in a 1000 bed major teaching hospital. The hospital is a regional centre for many services and can therefore provide high level treatment to patients across the breadth of medicine. As a general medicine Consultant, you'll be seeing a wide range of complex cases so no two days will be the same. Further, it is a single-site so everything is based near each other, which is helpful for a naturally multi-disciplinary specialty such as General Medicine. It is a university teaching hospital so you will be teaching undergraduate students, as well as leading, guiding and teaching junior doctors, both in the classroom and at the bedside.
The team are supportive of continued professional development. If you are not yet on the specialist register, there is an expectation that you will be committed to working through the CESR process to gain your specialist registration. The successful applicant will also have access to a mentor, if interested, to provide support in developing as a new Consultant. All Consultants in the department are expected to participate in clinical governance and quality improvement to ensure standards remain high in the department.
The hospital is based in a beautiful location in the southwest of England. The southwest of England is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the UK owing to its comparably warm weather and surrounding beauty. It is famous for its sandy beaches, picturesque green countryside and family friendly walks and days out. All of this is on your doorstep, while the hospital itself is based in a city. Therefore, you have access to all the expected amenities for day-to-day life, including shops, restaurants, parks, cinemas etc.
There are 20 schools in the local area rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ so there are many options for high-quality education in the area.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- MRCP (or equivalent)
- OET /IELTS
- GMC registration or eligibility for it
- Experience at a consultant level, or a senior registrar level looking to take your first step up
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.