As a consultant in general medicine, you will play a vital role in the general medicine team at the hospital. General medicine in the NHS is very similar to internal medicine overseas and allows you to treat unwell patients under many different medical specialties. This opportunity is perfect for experienced doctors who also have a special interest in Elderly Care, as you will also get the opportunity to aid frail patients, and see cases like dementia, delirium, Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s and many more.
- Provide clinical supervision over junior doctors, medical staffing, and nurses.
- Lead daily ward rounds.
- Provide clinical leadership to a multidisciplinary team, in liaison with other consultants and specialists.
- Participate in the Consultant General Medicine on-call rota, as required.
- Engage in governance and development of the frailty short stay ward.
- Develop high-quality working practices within wards, outpatients, and A&E.
- Complete the required administrative duties, medical audits, and research.
This hospital has more than 500 inpatient beds and provides a wide range of services, including acute children’s services, oncology, trauma and orthopaedics, general surgery, emergency medicine, and geriatric medicine, amongst others. The ward-based geriatric service specializes in managing older people with frailty and complex co-morbidity issues. There is also a Frailty Assessment Unit to provide instant access for urgent assessments of older people. Being a part of the elderly care team also means the department extends consultant support to bed-based rehab units and community clinics, including Geriatric, dementia, and Alzheimer’s Disease clinics. You will be working alongside a team of specialists, consultants, and junior doctors, in order to provide high quality care to sick older patients.
The southeast of England has a lot to offer for everyone, whether you like living in the countryside, enjoying yourself at festivals, or want to live closer to the Capitol without attracting the high cost of living there. The town in which the hospital is based is full of shops, a waterfront, and entertainment. The long coastline features beautiful beaches, water sports, and many seaside dining options. Nearby towns offer a lot of great options for places to live, all with great schools for families with young children. The region is known for its friendly and diverse community, low crime rates, and a high quality of life. Local transport is also very good, with easy connections to London
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP or equivalent
- GMC with license to practice
- Experience in General Medicine
- Experience managing elderly patients
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.