A Trust in South Wales are looking for a Consultant Histopathologist to join their expert team in a large University Hospital and contribute to the Pathology Services of the region. Specialty interests can be discussed and accommodated during the interview process. Given the large scale of the Health Board, they can offer all interests except for Paediatrics and Specialist Neuropathology reporting. The post holder will also be working alongside other Consultants that are reporting on a wide array of site-areas which will be discussed in MDT meetings.
This particular Trust has the facilities to support IMG’s through their CESR (Portfolio Pathway) application and have a strong track record of successful applicants. There is also a strong emphasis on CPD and progressing personal career interests.
The location of the post provides easy access and is well connected to Cardiff and Bristol whilst still being close to a protected Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and the South coast. With lower cost of living in Wales compared to England and the plentiful, high-quality schooling options in the area, this post is also ideal for applicants that would be relocating with their family.
- Job Title: Consultant Histopathologist with negotiable reporting interests
- Location: South Wales
- Salary: £94,789
- Contract: Permanent or Fixed-Term (12months with possible extension)
An incredibly supportive team of 18 Consultants that place great importance on education and professional development makes it the perfect working environment for a Histopathologist looking to strengthen their clinical skillset.
On top of the high-spec equipment necessary to undertake diagnostics across all site-areas, the post-holder will be equipped with laptops, monitors and facilities to remotely access LIMS and digital slides in order to undertake reporting from home.
- This is a 10PA job with no out of hours requirements
- The post holder will take part in 10 weekly MDTs.
- Expectation to take part in Appraisal, Mandatory Training and MDT attendance are expected.
- The SPA core time is provided and undertaken within the Trust but there is availability to work from home for up to 1 day a week (needs approval from Clinical Lead)
- Consultants are encouraged to develop their roles as educators, innovators and leaders within the department, the hospital and beyond.
- Research activities are actively supported
- Several Consultants hold National Lead roles, and we are enthusiastic in supporting each other in activities such as presenting work at national and international conferences
- Teaching is strongly supported departmentally and trainees regularly give the department good feedback about this.
- From the day you join the department you will be required to follow a programme of continuing education to encourage your personal development
- You will be required to participate in clinical governance and quality improvement projects, with opportunities to collab with other departments across the Trust.
- The Trust is extremely supportive of the GMC Revalidation process and are happy to assist in the process of annual assessment, appraisal, and Revalidation
- Full GMC Registration
- Recognised post graduate qualification (FRCPath)
- Evidence of participation in CPD
- Non-UK trained applicants need to show evidence of working towards CCT equivalent (CESR/Portfolio Pathway)
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regarding this exciting opportunity!