A Trust on the South Coast are looking for a Consultant Histopathologist with an interest in Gynae reporting to join their expert team in a large District General Hospital and contribute to the Pathology Services of the region. The post holder will also be working alongside other Consultants that are reporting on a wide array of site-areas which will be discussed in MDT meetings.
Due to the nature of the hospital, they have the facilities to support IMG’s through their CESR (Portfolio Pathway) application and have a strong track record of successful applicants. There is also a strong emphasis on CPD and progressing personal career interests.
The location is next to the beautiful South Downs National Park, the coast and is well connected to London and Southampton. Whilst having all the amenities that come with being close to a major city, it still provides the post-holder with more affordable living options than London. Also, with plenty of good schooling options in the area this is also an excellent opportunity for applicants looking to move with their families.
- Job Title: Consultant Histopathologist with interest in Gynae reporting
- Location: South Coast
- Salary: £93,666 - £126,281
- Contract: Fixed-Term (12months with possible extension)
A tight-knit team of supportive Consultants, the department process close to 40,000 cases in Histopathology and some 5000 Non-Gynae Cytology cases per year.
The bulk of the processing takes place at the main “hub” laboratory at St Richards Hospital. This includes dissection of frozen sections and reporting, but also all tissue processing, sectioning, staining, ICC and Quality Control. The Non-Gynae Cytology also takes place on this site, along with OSNA (intra-operative breast sentinel node assay) and immunofluorescent skin histology. The Department uses WinPath Enterprise LIMS software and benefits from Cerebro Tracking System.
They are well into the process of introducing Talking Point voice recognition software and hope to introduce laptop PCs for all consultant staff which will greatly enhance the ability to work from home. Digital Histopathology is being rolled out across the trust and supra regionally.
- This is a 10PA job with no out of hours requirements
- The post holder will take part in the 10 weekly MDTs.
- Expectation to take part in Appraisal, Mandatory Training and MDT attendance are expected.
- The SPA core time is provided and undertaken within the Trust but there is availability to work from home for up to 1 day a week (needs approval from Clinical Lead)
- Consultants are encouraged to develop their roles as educators, innovators and leaders within the department, the hospital and beyond.
- Research activities are actively supported
- Several Consultants hold National Lead roles, and we are enthusiastic in supporting each other in activities such as presenting work at national and international conferences
- Teaching is strongly supported departmentally and trainees regularly give the department good feedback about this.
- From the day you join the department you will be required to follow a programme of continuing education to encourage your personal development
- You will be required to participate in clinical governance and quality improvement projects, with opportunities to collab with other departments across the Trust.
- The Trust is extremely supportive of the GMC Revalidation process and are happy to assist in the process of annual assessment, appraisal, and Revalidation
- Full GMC Registration
- Recognised post graduate qualification (FRCPath)
- Evidence of participation in CPD
- Non-UK trained applicants need to show evidence working towards CCT equivalent (CESR/Portfolio Pathway)
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regarding this exciting opportunity!