We’re currently working with a fantastic Trust based in the south west who are looking for a Specialty Doctor in Respiratory Medicine to join their team. You’ll be joining a dynamic department renowned for delivering quality patient care. The clinical lead is particularly interested in bringing on a doctor who is looking for support with CESR to become specialist registered in Respiratory Medicine. This is an excellent opportunity for doctors who are currently working at a senior level within chest/respiratory medicine in their current healthcare systems; or those who are currently working in the UK within Medicine who are looking for a Trust to support them with CESR.
- Assess and manage respiratory patients coming into the hospital through the front door.
- Participate in regular ward rounds within the respiratory department.
- Work as part of the general medicine on-call rota.
- Attend MDT meetings involving colleagues from other departments.
- Conduct out-patient clinics for respiratory patients who need ongoing care following discharge.
- Supervise and teach more junior members of the clinical team.
- Make use of study time to engage in CPD and keep clinical skills up to date.
The hospital is a medium-sized district general hospital in the south west of England. It’s known for its friendly, welcoming community. The lead consultant is keen to ensure new doctors feel well-supported upon arrival, she’s passionate about helping doctors reach their long-term goals. The hospital have helped a number of doctors reach specialist registration through CESR in the past so everything is in place to ensure you can receive the same support.
You’ll be based in a city in the south west of England. The city has all your typical amenities here including places of worship, schools, shops, parks, gyms, restaurants etc. If you’re coming with children, they’ll be well accommodated as the city has a range of schools all rated ‘Outstanding’ within a small radius of the hospital. You’ll also be situated within easy reach of several major cities including Bristol and London, both of which have direct rail links. Heathrow Airport is within 2 hours as well for international travel.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- MRCP or equivalent (MRCP Ireland, MD Sri Lanka, USMLE, PLAB)
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Background of working in respiratory/chest medicine
- Experience working at Registrar grade (or higher)
The following are preferable but not essential:
- Previous UK experience
- SCE Respiratory Medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.