I’m delighted to present this exciting role which comes from such a wonderful Trust. As a Specialty Doctor in General Medicine, you will see a wide range of cases covering the breadth of Medicine. You will be expected to work 48 hours per week (12 PAs). Your duties will include ward rounds with a member of the Consultant team as well as regular on-call work. You will also be expected to act as a senior figure within department, providing supervision for your more junior clinical colleagues when necessary.
- Attend ward rounds in the General Medicine wards along with a Consultant colleague.
- Diagnose, assess and manage patients that come through the front door presenting acute medical issues.
- Work the General Medicine Specialty Doctor on-call rota.
- Contribute to the teaching and training of junior doctors, medical students and nurses.
- Participate in clinical audits involving the Medicine directorate.
- Actively engage in continuous professional development (CPD) and ensure your clinical skills are up-to-date.
The hospital is a large teaching hospital based in the South of England rated ‘Good’ by the CQC. The department is staffed by a friendly, welcoming team. The hospital itself is made up of a cosmopolitan workforce, all of whom are eager to learn from one another. The hospital prides itself on the exceptionally high quality of care it delivers to patients.
You’ll be based in a medium-sized city in the south of England. The community is made up of people from a range of backgrounds and ethnicities and proves very welcoming of others coming from international backgrounds. The city is close to the southern coastline, so you can benefit from the beautiful beaches and protected countryside nearby. There is a selection of fantastic schools both at primary and secondary level and you’ll also be within easy reach of some well-rated universities.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (MRCP, MRCPI, PLAB, USMLE, Sri Lankan MD etc.)
- Previous Registrar experience or previous NHS experience at ST1/2
The below are preferred but not essential:
- Full MRCP
- SCE in Acute Medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.