Trust Grade Stroke Medicine
- £45,637 - £51,017 plus enhancements
Are you looking to pursue a career in Stroke Medicine? This is the perfect position for those who have a very good General Medicine background with a specialty interest in Stroke or for those who already have experience in Stroke Medicine and want to expand that.
This opportunity is based in one of the greatest University Hospitals in the NHS and is open UK experienced doctors and doctors who are coming from overseas. The Stroke department are committed to training, they have an active teaching schedule and opportunity to participate in audits.
- Assist in leading and working alongside other colleagues
- You will have the opportunity to do bronchoscopy and other Respiratory procedures.
- Participate in the GIM on call rota
- Working across all stroke areas particularly on the hyper-acute stroke admissions ward
- Work alongside Consultants and other colleagues to provide the best inpatient care.
- This Trust works hard to ensure the best possible service is provided, with this in mind you will work with junior doctors with ensuring that they are fully supported and guided clinically.
- Engage in quality improvement projects that take place in department.
Being one of the Largest Teaching Trusts in the NHS it has incredible opportunities for career development for all Doctors around the world!
The trust itself has just under 2,000 beds altogether across all sites, offering a wide range of different services in all specialties. Being a Teaching trust, it provides excellent education services enabling you to keep knowledge and skills up to date.
The hospital is well known for its expertise in stroke, renal, neurosurgery, cancer services and trauma.
The East Midlands is one of the most popular places to live in the UK, it is beautiful but also a cheap location!
You will be based in a big City which is known for being vibrant and full of natural beauty. You will also find it’s like having the world at your doorstep due to the friendly, warming environment around you. Making friends in this City will not be a struggle for anyone being one of the most multicultural areas in the UK.
In the area you will find excellent schools and two thriving Universities to suit all ages for your children. There are also local markets, supermarkets, restaurants, gyms, parks places of worship and more.
You are a short 2-hour train journey from central London and if you wanted to visit family who are living overseas then Birmingham International Airport is 60 minutes by road. There is also excellent transportation to the rest of the country and other cities (Bristol, Manchester, Leeds)
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification - MRCP (UK), MRCP (Ireland), PLAB, USMLE, Sri Lankan MD etc.
- MRCP is required
- English qualification e.g., IELTS/OET
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Registrar experience either in the UK or overseas
- At least five years of experience working specifically in Medicine.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.