The Emergency Department is looking for Trust Grade ST3 level doctors to join our District General Hospital. We are one of the largest Trusts in the NHS with 4 major hospital sites and several community locations serving over 2.5 people in East London. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates that are looking to progress a career in Emergency Medicine. In this role you will be expected to work as a team with the rest of the department staff to ensure the quality of service is kept at a high standard. You will be helping the departments aim of seeing at least 95% of patients within 4 hours of their arrival in the ED. This post would suit either a UK candidate wishing to gain experience and practical skills or international candidate with significant experience in Emergency Medicine wishing to consolidate their skills in a new environment.
The successful applicant will receive a formal job plan which will be agreed with the department before joining the department. The duties include:
- To work and provide clinical care to ensure patient safety and safe clinical practise
- To support junior staff in the ED as a senior doctor
- To collaborate with the nursing and allied health care staff to ensure high-quality clinical care is delivered
- To work under the direction of the ED consultants and to ask for advice when necessary.
- To continue to maintain their own CPD and address their learning needs as determined by local, regional, and national directives.
- Work in all areas of the department, such as Rapid Assessment and Triage (RAT), Resuscitation, majors, minors, and paediatrics.
- All emergency patients' initial diagnosis, resuscitation, and care. These include self-referred and emergency room cases.
- You will also have the opportunity to participate in Research, Audits and QIPs.
- Discharge patients to GPs or offer patients for admission to appropriate admitting officers.
The Department and Hospital:
The opportunity is to work in our Emergency Medicine department at our University Hospital in East London which was rebuilt back in 2012 so the department is quite modern. This redevelopment of the A&E was built in time for 2012 Sumer Olympics. The hospital provides a full range of general inpatient, outpatient and day case services, as well as maternity services and a 24-hour A&E and urgent care centre. We also have a strong reputation as a centre of excellence for several specialist services, including urology, ENT, audiology, cardiology, colorectal surgery, cancer care and acute stroke care. Within the department there is also a Urgent Care Centre (UCC) and a Clinical Decision Unit with 7 beds. With over 730 beds, we are a very busy department so you will get exposure to a variety of cases. The hospitals also serves as a teaching hospital for medical students, teaching sessions and other personal development activities are highly encouraged and supported here. A notable person born here is David Beckham.
London is one the most desirable locations to live in the UK and its large international community makes it an outstanding and ideal location from international doctors coming to the UK. There are amazing transport links making the city centre as well as the surrounding areas easily accessible. You are able to reach the hospital on foot or by taking tubes or buses whilst there is also limited parking for anyone planning to drive. For any candidates that have children, there is large number of ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ rated schools in the local area. For doctors with children, there is also access to many ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ rated schools in the local area.
- Full MRCEM or NHS experience
- 3 years clinical experience in A&E or allied acute care jobs
- OET or IELTS if you are applying from overseas
- GMC Registered or registration in process
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care