Are you looking to pursue a career in Respiratory Medicine? This is the perfect position for those who have a very good General Medicine background with a specialty interest in Respiratory or for those who are already specialized in Respiratory Medicine!
This exciting opportunity is based in one of the best University Hospitals in the NHS and is open to both overseas doctors and doctors who are currently practicing in the NHS. You will join a long-standing supportive team who will drive you and your career to the next step!
- Work alongside Consultants and other colleagues to provide the best inpatient care.
- Assist in leading and working alongside juniors
- You will have the opportunity to do bronchoscopy and other Respiratory procedures.
- As well as clinical duties you will also take an active role in clinical audits, reviewing complaints, risk management etc.
- This Trust works hard to ensure the best possible service is provided, with this in mind you will work with junior doctors with ensuring that they are fully supported and guided clinically.
- Liaise with consultants regarding treatment plan.
- Engage in quality improvement projects that take place in department.
- Participate in the GIM on call rota
Being one of the Largest Teaching Trusts in the NHS it has incredible opportunities for career development for all Doctors around the world! You will be joining a professional and dedicated team which is led by over 30 Consultants in the Respiratory department.
The trust itself has just under 2,000 beds altogether across all sites, offering a wide range of different services in all specialties. Being a Teaching trust, it provides excellent education services enabling you to keep knowledge and skills up to date.
The East Midlands is one of the most popular places to live in the UK due to it being beautiful but also a cheap location.
You will be based in a big City which is known for being vibrant and full of natural beauty. You will also find it’s like having the world at your doorstep due to the friendly, warming environment around you. Making friends in this City will not be a struggle for anyone being one of the most multicultural areas in the UK.
In this big City you will find excellent schools and two thriving Universities to suit all ages for your children. In the area there is also local markets, supermarkets, restaurants, gyms, parks places of worship and more.
Being based in the East Midlands you are a short 2 hour train journey from central London and if you wanted to visit family who are living overseas then Birmingham International Airport is 60 minutes by road. There is also excellent transportation to the rest of the country and other cities (Bristol, Manchester, Leeds)
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification - MRCP (UK), MRCP (Ireland), PLAB, USMLE, Sri Lankan MD etc.
- MRCP Part 1 & Part 2 are also accepted if your PACES is due to be sat soon.
- English qualification e.g. IELTS/OET
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Registrar experience either in the UK or overseas
- At least five years of experience working specifically in Medicine.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.