Trust Grade Registrar in GIM/Diabetes and Endocrinology
- £45,637 - £51,017 plus enhancements
- East Midlands
A rare and exciting position has arisen In one of the best University Hospitals in the UK! If you are a General Medicine doctor or specialised in Diabetes and Endocrinology already, this post fits all.
The excellent trust is based in The East Midlands, known to be one of many best places to live in England. The supportive team are welcoming both UK experienced and international Doctor to join their tight run team. They take career development very seriously for those who want to either get into training or go through CESR.
- Making appropriate decisions regarding the need for admissions, the development of strategies which might prevent further admissions and identifying early admissions.
- To gain experience in familiarity in identifying and managing a wide variety of medical conditions.
- To further develop skills of history taking, examination, appropriate investigation, and rotational prescribing
- To develop skills in managing time and conflicting priorities
- To build up on post graduate clinical experience
- To develop further expertise in the management of sick patients
- Maintain a clean, safe environment.
- Work alongside Consultants and other colleagues to provide the best inpatient care.
- Participate In the on-call rota
The trust itself has just under 1,900 beds altogether across all sites, offering a wide range of different services in all specialties. It can offer. Being one of the Largest Teaching Hospitals in the NHS it has incredible opportunities for career development for all Doctors around the world!
There are ample opportunities for work-based assessments from the supervising consultants. You will also be allocated a Clinical Supervisor. In addition, there is a weekly diabetes and endocrinology departmental meeting and Junior Doctor teaching which you would be expected to attend and contribute to.
The East Midlands is one of the most popular places to live in the UK due to it being beautiful but also a low cost of living location.
You will be based in a big City which is known for being vibrant and full of natural beauty. You will also find it’s like having the world at your doorstep due to the friendly, warming environment around you. Making friends in this City will not be a struggle for anyone being one of the most multicultural areas in the UK.
Being based in the East Midlands you are a short 2 hour train journey from central London and if you wanted to visit family who are living overseas then Birmingham International Airport is 60 minutes by road. There is also excellent transportation to the rest of the country and other cities too.
In this location you will find excellent schools and two thriving Universities to suit all ages for your children. In the area there is also local markets, supermarkets, restaurants, gyms, parks places of worship and more.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification - MRCP (UK), MRCP (Ireland), PLAB, USMLE, Sri Lankan MD etc.
- MRCP Part 1 & Part 2 are also accepted if your PACES is due to be sat soon.
- English qualification e.g. IELTS/OET
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Registrar experience either in the UK or overseas
- At least five years of experience working specifically in Medicine.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.