An exciting, new, fresh! Position has just been created for a Stroke Specialist at one of the best University Trusts in The Midlands! This gives you the opportunity to take that next leap from a Registrar but also prepare in becoming a consultant.
You will have CESR support to help you get onto the specialist register and become a substantive Consultant in the coming future. With the help of a supportive, caring, driven team.
As a Specialist in Stroke Medicine, you will be a senior figure in a well-supported team whilst providing the highest clinical standards to patients. Other main duties will include:
- Act as one of the responsible Consultants for the management of patients admitted to the unit, including the hyper stroke unit.
- Supervise and help with junior doctors on the ward
- Support the medical on-call team.
- 10PA contract with a minimum of 1SPA
- Participate in clinical governance activities including clinical audits, incident reporting, risk management, complaint reviews, CPD. Each specialty has a Consultant Clinical Governance lead.
- Promote a friendly and team-based working environment.
- There are opportunities to undertake research. There are University and Trust research facilities available to use for interested doctors.
- To actively participate in Service Development
The trust itself has just under 1,900 beds altogether across all sites, offering a wide range of different services in all specialties. It can offer. Being one of the Largest Teaching Hospitals in the NHS it has incredible opportunities for career development for all Doctors around the world!
The team and trust wide, pride themselves in getting doctors to the next level in their career, they have a passion for CESR support and have specific programmes to do this.
The East Midlands is one of the most popular places to live in the UK due to it being beautiful but also a low cost of living location.
You will be based in a big City which is known for being vibrant and full of natural beauty. You will also find it’s like having the world at your doorstep due to the friendly, warming environment around you. Making friends in this City will not be a struggle for anyone being one of the most multicultural areas in the UK.
Being based in the East Midlands you are a short 2 hour train journey from central London and if you wanted to visit family who are living overseas then Birmingham International Airport is 60 minutes by road. There is also excellent transportation to the rest of the country and other cities too.
In this location you will find excellent schools and two thriving Universities to suit all ages for your children. In the area there is also local markets, supermarkets, restaurants, gyms, parks places of worship and more
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Full MRCP
- OET or IELTS
- At least 12 years of clinical experience
- Evidence of previous management/leadership responsibilities
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.