ST3+ in Stroke Medicine
- £51,017 - £64,000 + plus Uplifts
- South East
You will form a vital part of the Stroke multi-disciplinary team with your basic hours split between the Acute Stroke and Rehab Unit and the Stroke clinic, you will also be expected to work the General Medicine on-call rota. The post presents a fantastic opportunity for doctors who want to deepen their knowledge of Stroke. It will also provide the successful candidate with a great step in their development if they are looking to progress further into Neurology, Geriatric Medicine or General Medicine.
As an ST3+ Stroke Medicine doctor, you will be expected to:
- Manage and review in-patients in the Stroke ward with support from a consultant.
- Perform stroke clinics in person or via telephone.
- Work the General Medicine on-call rota.
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments for multi-disciplinary cases.
- Support junior members of the team where necessary
- Attend the weekly stroke multi-disciplinary team meeting.
As well as clinical responsibilities, the position also includes the following professional duties:
- Teach junior doctors during academic meetings and seminars.
- Maintain a portfolio of training.
- Participate in clinical audits/quality improvement.
The south east is an excellent place to live as it provides the perfect balance between rural and urban living. Wherever you live in the south east, you can benefit from quick and easy transport links into London. The area is home to some of the UK’s most affluent counties and typically very-well suited to family living.
- Fantastic local schooling. The south east includes Kent, which is the county with the most Grammar schools in the UK.
- Cosmopolitan area and very welcoming of IMGs.
- Easy transport links directly to London for shopping/entertainment/commuting purposes. Also easy access to both Gatwick and Heathrow for international travel.
- Has some of the most popular tourist destinations in the UK, London and Brighton especially popular as urban destinations. The area also includes 6 designated ‘Areas of Natural Beauty’ and a wide array of beaches along the coast.
The hospital is a medium-sized tertiary care centre. The Trust takes great pride in the educational support it can offer doctors. As a result, it tends to be an excellent starting point for doctors looking for CESR support and career progression. They are very welcoming of doctors from overseas and they know exactly what kind of support IMGs need to settle into the NHS system.
To apply for this role, you will need:
- GMC Registration must be complete or in its final stages.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (MRCP, MRCPI, PLAB, USMLE, Sri Lankan MD etc.)
- IELTS or OET if you are coming from overseas
- 2 years of experience at ST3+ level or above
As well as the above, the following are also desirable, though not necessarily essential:
- Full MRCP
- SCE or other recognised senior qualifications
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance and template
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding nearby schools and other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this vacancy or if you would like to discuss your search for work and seek advice on other available posts then please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will be in touch to discuss your options.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your job search.