ST3+ in General Paediatrics
- £51,017 + enhancements
- South West
This is a great opportunity for a middle grade Paediatrician to expand their skills in a supportive Trust that is dedicated to their doctor’s professional development.
This Hospital is looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual who is comfortable with General Paediatrics, and Level 1 Neonatology. The successful candidate will be encouraged to take on additional teaching responsibilities as well as participating in audits and quality improvement projects.
As an ST3+ in General Paediatrics you will be expected to:
- Supervise and teach GP trainees.
- Teach and supervise medical students.
- Be responsible for appropriate discharge summaries.
- Maintain effective communication with General Practitioners and other hospital departments.
- Participate in Clinical Audit and guideline development.
- Participate in on-going research
- The postholder will be expected to perform additional duties in occasional emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
- Share responsibility with colleagues for the day-to-day management of the Paediatric department.
- Participate in duties on the CAU, Paediatric Ward, and the Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU).
- Undertake safeguarding medical examinations.
- Engage in quality improvement and participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
- The postholder will be expected to be available for irregular commitments outside normally rostered duties as is needed for continuity of patient care.
This is a 400-bed district general hospital, whose children and young people’s services are rated as “Good” by the CQC. Its Paediatric ward includes a purpose-built children’s assessment unit (CAU) and high dependency unit (HDU), and state-of-the-art equipment including a cardiac monitoring system.
Specialists from neighbouring trusts visit in order to conduct clinics in various specialties such as cardiology, neurology, nephrology, endocrinology and oncology.
The hospital provides Level 1 Neonatal services in it’s Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU), with two high dependency cots and six special care cots.
The hospital is located in a quieter, more tranquil part of the UK. The Southwest is famed for its beautiful countryside and picturesque beaches, while also being home to some popular larger cities such as Bristol and Plymouth.
- Access to culturally diverse cities with good transport links.
- Widely popular with holiday makers during the summer due to its more temperate climate and picturesque beaches.
- One of the most peace and naturally beautiful parts of the UK.
- Access to some of the best schools and universities in the country.
- Endless places to visit and one of the lowest crime rates in the UK.
The team are open to applicants from the UK or from overseas and will support you in settling into the new role.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCPCH.
- GMC Registration either waiting ID check or Complete.
- OET or IELTS.
- 5+ years of clinical experience.
- Registrar (or equivalent) level experience.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.