ST3+ in General Paediatrics and Neonatology
- £51,017 plus enhancements
- North West
As a ST3+ Doctor in General Paediatrics and Neonatology, you will be expected to:
- Participate in duties on the CAU, Paediatric Ward, Neonatal Unit (NNU) and in the Paediatric Outpatient Department.
- Participate in the tier two on call service.
- Undertake appropriate IT training.
- Attend an Induction Course which covers training of NHS Structure and Local Trust Management.
- Share responsibility with colleagues for the day-to-day management of the Paediatric department.
- Fulfil the duties of the weekly timetable including any out-of-hours responsibilities.
- Maintain high clinical standards in the management of General Paediatric patients.
- Become acquainted with management protocols for Paediatrics and helping to update them.
- Deliver a high-quality Paediatric service.
- Undertake ward rounds in conjunction with a Consultant.
- Ensure children are fit for discharge.
- Attend clinics with a Consultant.
- Supervise the clinical work of junior Paediatric doctors.
- Attend an APLS/NLS course if not already trained.
- Assist in leading in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Work with colleagues from non-medical professions.
- Get involved in multi-disciplinary assessment of children’s health needs.
- Gain experience in teaching/ training of medical/ nursing staff.
- Ensure active participation in own continuing medical education.
- Understand the balance and interaction of psycho-social and medical factors affecting children’s health.
- Have an awareness of the public health aspects of children’s health.
- Actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
- Attend meetings as appropriate.
- Improve knowledge of management issues.
- This Trust is located in a market town with a very low cost of living, allowing you to make the most of its amenities!
- Excellent transport links to other major cities in the North, and within an hour of a major international airport.
- Due to its convenient location and low cost of living, this area attracts a diverse group of people, and is popular with IMG’s.
This hospital is a leading 500+ bedded district general hospital, that has close links with tertiary centres nearby. It provides a full range of services to the community and surrounding areas, as well as some specialised services in conjunction with other hospitals.
The Trust was most recently rated as ‘Good’ overall by the CQC.
To apply for this role, you will need:
- Full MRCPCH.
- IELTS or OET if you are coming from overseas.
- GMC Registered or in process.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role whether in the NHS or elsewhere.
As well as the above, the following are also desirable, though not necessarily essential:
- Right to work in the UK (Skilled Worker Visa can be sponsored for overseas applicants).
- SCE or other recognised senior qualifications.
- Previous NHS experience.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this vacancy or if you would like to discuss your search for work and seek advice on other available posts then please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will be in touch to discuss your options.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your job search.