An opportunity has arisen at an exciting hospital to appoint two Registrars in Acute Medicine. The team here are particularly interested in candidates who are coming to the UK with the aim of progressing their clinical skills, and progressing to Consultants in the long-term. You will be based predominantly across three units in Acute Medicine: the Acute Medical Unit (AMU); Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC); and the recently opened Acute Medicine virtual ward. You will also be expected to work the Acute Medicine on call rota alongside your colleagues across the whole of the Medicine directorate.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- OET/IELTS complete
- Background of at least four years working in Internal Medicine
- MRCP is preferable but the hospital will happily review candidates who have passed their MRCPI, USMLE, PLAB or Sri Lankan MD
- Diagnose and manage any acute medical emergencies that come through the front door alongside your colleagues within department.
- Attend ward rounds in the AMU with one of the Consultants.
- Participate in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings (MDTs) to handle patients that present difficulties covering multiple departments.
- Assist in the training and teaching of junior doctors and nurses based in the Medicine directorate.
- Engage in the Acute Medicine on call rota. This is currently a 1 in 8 rota, but is subject to change.
- Participate in clinical research projects and contributing to the advancement of knowledge in the field of acute medicine.
- Engaging in quality improvement initiatives, such as audits, to enhance patient safety and service delivery.
- Engaging in the full on-call rota
The hospital is a 400-bedded district acute hospital in the East Midlands. The department is staffed by a friendly, welcoming team. The hospital itself is made up of a cosmopolitan workforce, all of whom are eager to learn from one another. The hospital prides itself on the exceptionally high quality of care it delivers to patients. The CQC rating for this hospital is ‘Good’, placing it amongst the top-rated hospitals in the region.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.