This well-respected Trust are looking for a Specialty Registrar in Acute Medicine to join their team. You will play a crucial role in ensuring patient care is delivered to the exceptional standard expected at the hospital. As a Specialty Registrar, you will be expected to assess, diagnose and manage patients coming in to the hospital presenting acute medical issues.
- You will spend your time across three areas within the department. On the acute medicine ward, you will assist with the ongoing medical care of acutely ill patients. In the Acute Medical Assessment Unit (AMAU), you will assess front-door patients and make initial decisions regarding their treatment. In the Same Day Emergency Care Unit (SDEC), you will look after patients who require a brief period of treatment but are expected to be discharged the same day.
- Active participation in the Registrar on-call rota will be required.
- Alongside your clinical duties you will also be expected to train and manage more junior doctors within department as well as nurses and students.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary team meetings will be necessary for patients who present issues across a range of specialties.
- You will also be required to keep your clinical skills up-to-date with the use of study leave and CPD.
The hospital is a large university teaching hospital its ran by an award-winning Trust with world-leading research so comes with an excellent reputation. The hospital is staffed by an incredible team of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals. The hospital has a fantastic induction programme laid out for doctors coming to the NHS for the first time, this includes a period of shadowing flexible to the doctors needs as well as a ‘buddy system’ to ensure doctors feel comfortable in their new surroundings. The hospital is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC.
The hospital is based in the northwest of England, one of the most desirable regions in the UK. It is just over an hour from both Manchester and Liverpool, so you get the balance of living in a more peaceful location while easily being able to reach the two largest cities in the region. You are within an hour of Manchester International Airport so trips visiting family and friends, or just a relaxing holiday, are easy and accessible.
Requirements for this post include:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- OET or IELTS complete
- Previous experience of at least four years post-internship working with Internal Medicine patients
The below are preferred but not required:
- Full MRCP or equivalent qualification (MRCPI, Sri Lankan MD)
- SCE in Acute Medicine
- Previous NHS experience
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.