Specialty Doctor Stroke Medicine
- £51,000 - £80,000
This role is for an experienced Medicine doctor either with specific Stroke experience, or with Internal Medicine experience looking to sub-specialise. The team are looking to support senior doctors through the CESR pathway onto the Specialist Register in Stroke Medicine, so they can practise as substantive Consultants.
The Trust are seeking a Specialty Doctor to:
- Undertake clinical assessment of suspected Stroke or TIA cases, ordering investigations and diagnostics, and managing initial treatment.
- You will also be contributing to post-discharge medical care, rehabilitation, and ongoing care in the community.
- An important part of your role is providing leadership within the Stroke team. You will contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
The hospital is based in a town in the southeast of England, it is well connected to London, only 30 minutes on the train into the centre of the capital city. This means you get the best of both worlds, a more relaxed way of life near the hospital (and a much lower cost of living!) while also being easily able to access the bustling and diverse atmosphere in London itself. Further, it is only around a 40 minute drive from London Heathrow, the UK’s largest international airport, for ease of visiting family and friends overseas.
This is an 800+ bed university teaching hospital in the south east of England. It is a Hyper Acute Stroke Unit, meaning it is a tertiary Stroke service. The unit treats patients received directly and referred from local smaller hospitals in the region. The team thrombolyse >25% of the Acute Stroke admissions. You will be working closely with colleagues from the Emergency Department, Elderly Care Medicine, Neurology and Neurorehabilitation. You will also be working with colleagues based in the community to assist with Elderly patients.
As a senior member of the team, you will be encouraged to engage in continuous professional development, particularly in quality improvement projects and audits. Individuals wanting to work through CESR will be supported to do so and encouraged to step up to a Consultant level when ready.
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- Full MRCP
- IELTS or OET
- GMC Registration
- Experience in General Medicine, Neurology, Stroke, or Geriatrics at a Registrar or Consultant level.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can help
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!