Specialty Doctor in Same Day Emergency Care
- £50,373 - £78,759
- North West
Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC) is a new and exciting part of Acute Medicine within the NHS. It is focussed on improving patient flow through the hospital. An SDEC Specialty Doctor works to treat patients with acute illnesses who do not need to be admitted to an inpatient bed. This frees up hospital beds for severely acutely unwell patients who need them.
Patients who are treated in SDEC can receive rapid assessment, access to diagnostics, and effective treatment, without needing to be admitted into a hospital bed. The patient may well need ongoing outpatient care and continued work within the community, but SDEC works to ensure patients can return to the comfort of their own homes as soon as possible.
- Delivering high-quality acute care to patients presenting to the Same Day Emergency Care Unit.
- As a doctor in SDEC you will regularly be liaising with the wider Acute Medicine team, Emergency Medicine colleagues, and referrals from GPs.
- The contract is for 10 PAs (40 hours per week) with potential for an additional 2 PAs (48 hours per week). You will be expected to participate on a 1:4 weekend on-call rota.
- You are entitled to 1.5 onsite SPAs per week, this should be used for continued professional development, e.g. training, audits, courses etc.
The hospital is based in a town in the northwest of England, one of the most desirable regions in the UK. It is just over an hour from both Manchester and Liverpool, so you get the balance of living in a more peaceful location while easily being able to reach the two largest cities in the region. The town is within 1 hour of Manchester International Airport so trips visiting family and friends, or just a relaxing holiday, are easy and accessible.
- The hospital is a 500+ bedded hospital which hosts all major specialities on site, so you receive a varied case load.
- The hospital is part of a University Teaching Trust so there are undergraduate medical students training in the hospital.
- You will be joining a supportive and welcoming department, which places great focus on onboarding senior international doctors.
In order to apply for this role, you will need:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (MRCP, MRCPI, USMLE, PLAB, Sri Lankan MD etc.)
- IELTS or OET
- Full GMC Registration
- Experience in a similar role whether in the NHS or elsewhere
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or if you have any questions you’d like to ask then please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be in touch to discuss this with you.
How BDI Resourcing can help
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!