Specialty Doctor in Paediatrics
- £50,373 - £78,759
The team are looking for an experienced individual with previous NHS experience to join their team.
The successful applicant will be joining an enthusiastic, dedicated team who cover a wide range of different specialties and provide general and sub specialist paediatric care.
Specialty Doctor in General Paediatrics, you will be expected to:
- Attend ward rounds, out-patient clinics and visit to individual patients as necessary.
- Manage children in the Child Assessment Unit (CAU).
- Take part in the supervision of the work of junior medical doctors in the Paediatric wards, the assessment unit, the postnatal wards, the delivery suite, and the clinics.
- Attend the “post-take” ward rounds with the Consultant on-call.
- Participate in teaching and training of junior staff, medical students, nurses, and paramedics where appropriate.
- Ensure children are fit for discharge.
- Become acquainted with management protocols for Paediatrics and help to update them.
- Fulfil the duty of the weekly timetable including any out-of-hours responsibilities.
- Attend an Induction Course which includes awareness training of NHS Structure and Local Trust Management.
- Share responsibility with colleagues for the day-to-day management of the paediatric department.
- Ensure delivery of a high-quality Paediatric service.
- Have awareness of the public health aspects of children’s health.
- Understand the balance and interaction of psycho-social and medical factors affecting children’s health.
- Have responsibility for ensuring active participation in their own continuing medical education (CME).
- Actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
- Attend meetings as appropriate.
- To provide support for the Juniors in the routine service on the maternity wards and delivery suite during normal working hours and out of hours when on call.
This is an 800-bed teaching and research hospital. It is known for its welcoming environment and convenient location.
The Hospital is in a thriving market town in proximity of three other major cities. People living in this area can benefit from:
- A low cost of living, allowing you to make the most of its amenities.
- A very international community that is welcoming of overseas doctors.
- Many independent shops, high street stores and one of the best markets in the region.
- Excellent transport links to other cities in the North.
- Being within an hour of a major international airport.
The team are open to applicants from the UK or from overseas and will support you in settling into the new role.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCPCH.
- GMC Registration.
- OET or IELTS.
- 5+ years of clinical experience.
- Registrar (or equivalent) level experience.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist Paediatrics team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.