As a specialty doctor in Geriatric Medicine, you will be providing high-quality medical care to elderly patients. Geriatric medicine is a great way to enter the NHS system for international doctors, as they can use their skills in general medicine overseas and apply them to a specific sub-specialty in general medicine. This position is perfect for doctors with a background in geriatric or general medicine, who have a range of skills and experience in caring for older patients.
- Provide high-quality clinical service to elderly patients.
- Run general / outpatient clinics.
- Provide education and support to junior doctors.
- Provide effective leadership to all staff engaged in care of the elderly.
- Participate in daily ward rounds.
- Participate in the on-call rota as required.
This hospital has roughly 300 inpatient beds. There are over 80 beds in the care of the elderly inpatient wards, with over 30 beds dedicated to the acute geriatric care of elderly patients. Within the department, you will be working alongside highly trained and experienced consultants and specialist nurses. This is also an active teaching hospital, with a wide range of services, including general and emergency care.
The hospital is based only half an hour away from the capitol of Wales. Cardiff offers great access to green spaces, making it a very peaceful place and beautiful place to live. The infamous Breacon Beacons are less than an hour away, and the city itself is full of parks for family days out. The city itself has a wide range of cultural and sporting events, including entertainment centers such as cinemas, museums, and shopping malls. Cardiff is also much more affordable, compared to other big cities in the UK, with the average price of housing being more than 60% lower than that of Greater London. There is also a big international airport less than an hour away, making it very easy and accessible to travel around the world.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP
- GMC Registration.
- Wide range of experience in internal medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.