A specialty doctor in geriatric medicine specializes in providing high quality care for elderly patients. As a geriatrician, you will see a wide range of medical cases centered around age-related health issues, complex medical conditions, and the unique needs of older individuals. Geriatric medicine is a great way for general medicine doctors from overseas to enter the NHS, as they will have the opportunity to use their skills and knowledge and apply it to elderly patients.
- Undertake daily ward rounds, to manage medical problems, and review patients.
- Participate in multidisciplinary meetings, alongside consultants, specialists, nurses, and medical staffing.
- Contribute to the teaching and education of junior doctors and medical staff.
- participate in the on-call rota as required.
- Provide high-quality care to elder patients and assist in the elderly care outpatient clinic.
The currently elderly care service within the Trust consists of over 100 inpatient beds for acutely ill elderly patients, as well as an outpatient clinic. There is also an orthogeriatric service alongside a rehabilitation service for elderly patients. The hospital itself has over 600 beds, which provide care for patients in a variety of different specialties, such as urgent care, surgery, children’s care, and maternity services.
The hospital is based near a big city in the west midlands, which offers a welcoming and diverse community. As it is a large city, there is a wide range of medical facilities and educational institutions nearby, whilst provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and learning. The cost of living in this area is far lower than that of London and other major cities, making it a more affordable for doctors starting their career within the UK. The city’s central location in England also allows for easy access to travel to other parts of the country. You will also only be about an hour away from the closest airport, making it very accessible to visit friends and family overseas.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- GMC registration with a license to practice
- Experience in general or geriatric medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.