The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Participate in management activities, such as organising on-call rotas for junior and middle grade doctors.
- You will be responsible, with support of the Consultants for day-to-day care.
- Supervise the work of junior doctors.
- Attend certain high-risk deliveries on the labour ward.
- Work in general paediatrics and neonates primarily and will contribute to the middle grade out of hours acute rota on a pro rata basis.
- Attend monthly Department of Paediatrics meetings.
- Be available to attend to paediatric emergencies in the Emergency Department and other areas of the hospital.
- Provide prospective cover for annual leave and may be asked to provide short-term cover in the event of sudden unexpected absence.
- Combination of normal working days, long days and night shifts including weekend work
- The Trust holds just under 1200 beds.
- Special Care Baby Unit (Level 1).
- Roughly covers a population of 800,000.
- The Trust is dedicated to the professional development of its staff and will provide dedicated training and teaching time each week.
- The Hospital is close to a large city in the Northeast, known for its welcoming and vibrant atmosphere.
- The city is very IMG friendly and is one of the most popular places to live in the UK.
- There is an international airport a short drive away.
- Fascinating history to explore in the town.
- UK’s original seaside spa resort and continues to be a popular holiday destination due to its history and its beauty. These same reasons make it a great place to live.
The successful candidate will have:
- Current GMC full registration & licence to practise
- Completion of at least four years’ full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which must be in a specialty training programme (or equivalent level) in Paediatric Medicine, to include Neonates, or as a fixed term specialty trainee (or equivalent level) in Paediatric Medicine
- Neonatal Life Support
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support
- Part 1 MRCPCH or equivalent
- The CV must demonstrate the experience and competencies for this level/specialty
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.