The successful candidate will join as a Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine, either full-time or part-time. This is an excellent opportunity to join a NHS Foundation Trust within one of North England’s most historic cities.
The specialty doctor post will support the A&E middle grade rota. The successful candidate will be expected to independently deliver emergency clinical care with the supervision of consultants. The post holder will provide and receive clinical, administrative, supervisory, educational and training support for the day-to-day operation of the department. This opportunity would also allow the post holder to take an active role in teaching and reviewing clinics.
The department recognises that applicants may have different career aims and they aim to assist personal and professional development in any way they can, giving the candidate the chance to refine their clinical expertise.
The successful candidate would also have allocated SPA time to allow for CPD and appraisal preparation. They would also be expected to be involved in audit and quality improvement within the Emergency Department. The default job plan will include 8.5 sessions DCC and 1.5 sessions SPA.
With a combination of cultural and industrial lifestyles, the city is the largest hotspot for freedom and entertainment in the region. The area has an array of fantastic schools and more than reasonable house prices, making it a desirable location for new families and those attracted to a suburban lifestyle. Above all, the city is passed through with tourists frequently who want to enjoy the stunning scenic landscape.
- Around 40% lower cost of living than London
- City District Airport and Newcastle International Airport are a 1hr distance apart
- The city of Newcastle, an artistic diverse area, is just an hour away
The hospital provides a wide range of modern and innovative services providing exceptional care for both adults and children. This opportunity would best suit A&E doctors who wish to join a smaller emergency department that caters for a population of just over 100,000 people. The two Emergency Departments provide a 24-hour service and see approx. 40,000 emergency cases per year including trauma and paediatric emergencies.
- Relevant primary medical qualification (MBBS) or Equivalent
- Full GMC registration
- 3 years minimum post-full registration experience
- 2 years minimum in Emergency Medicine or equivalent
- Evidence of participation in clinical audit
- ALS, APLS qualified
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of the Emergency Medicine Specialism
- Tailored Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and salary negotiations
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Guidance through Pre-employment checks
- COS and Visa Application support for you and your family
- Support securing short-term and long-term accommodation
- Assistance with Travel Arrangements
- Support finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.