The Trust is providing an amazing opportunity for doctors that are wishing to advance their career in Emergency Medicine. The opportunity comes in the form of a Specialty Doctor contract where you will be expected to assist other Specialty Doctors in running the shop floor during night shifts whilst assisting your junior colleagues. The job plan is for 10 PAs with the option to work more upon request. As well as training and teaching sessions being provided, the offer provides protected SPA time for continuous professional development. Doctors are also supported in progressing though the CESR programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
A job plan will be provided before joining the department and this will be reviewed annually. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Facilitating patient discharge
- Working cooperatively with other departments
- Provide the highest quality of patient care
- Demonstrate, advice and lead by example to Registrars and supervise Junior doctors within the department.
- Support the Emergency Department in maintaining and managing the shop floor
- Non-clinical time allocated to improve the personal professional development
The Hospital and the Emergency Department
The hospital sees almost 420,000 people a year across all departments and are tended to by more than 5,000 of our staff members and over 500 volunteers. There is a current expansion and refurbishment of the buildings which will allow for a brand-new Specialist Emergency Care Hospital.
There is an Urgent Treatment Centre in the department as well as a children’s ED department next to the main ED department. It is a Teaching hospital playing a key role in the education of future health professionals. The Hospital has a “Good” rating from the CQC.
The hospital is based in the Greater London area where it has direct methods of access into the capital via the train or motorway systems. It has a good number of schools that are rated “Outstanding” and “Good” by the Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED). The area boasts a large selection of shops and restaurants, with a shopping centre within a short relative distance of the area.
- OET or IELTS if you are applying from overseas
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV to us and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care