The Trust are looking to fill 2 Specialty Doctor vacancies for the A&E Department. You will help the other Specialty Doctor’s run the shop floor during night shifts and assist in the supervision of your junior colleagues. The job plan is for 10 PAs but if you wish work more then this can be discussed with your clinical supervisor. This offer also attracts SPA time to give candidates protected time for continuous professional development. Training and teaching sessions will also be provided. The appointed doctor will be given the opportunity to progress through CESR and support will be provided for this.
You will receive a clear job plan which will be agreed with the department before joining the department and this will be reviewed annually. The duties include:
- Assess and manage patients in the review clinic
- Provide the highest quality patient care
- Support the Emergency Department team in running the shop floor
- Facilitate patient discharge
- Collaborate with the other departments
- Advise Registrars and supervise Juniors in the department
- Non-clinical time for personal professional development
The Department and Hospital:
We have two Emergency Departments that provide a wide range of acute services for over 600,000 people. The Trust has also recently been given an amazing opportunity to expand by building new hospital in order to continue improving our services. We have a designated trauma unit within the Trust as well as a Rapid Assessment and Treatment (RAT) area. We strive to provide highest quality of patient care so this investment will enable to develop our services and expand our projects even further. Support can be provided to doctors that are interested in the CESR training programme and we also have RCEM examiners as part of the Consultant body here at the Trust. The Trust is also very closely linked with a University Medical School nearby.
Southeast England is an ideal location to live in given its excellent transport links to London and the South Coast. Airports and beaches are also easily accessible. It has been voted as one of the best places to raise families and there is a good variety of ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ rated schools in the local area. There are many shops, restaurants and shopping centres in the area.
- Full MRCEM or NHS experience
- At least 12 months Emergency Medicine experience
- OET or IELTS if you are applying from overseas
- GMC registered or registration in process
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care