Specialty Doctor in Acute Medicine/SDEC
- £50,373 - £78,759
- West Midlands
The chosen Appointee will work as a Specialty Doctor in Acute Medicine/SDEC (Same Day Emergency Care). The department provides care for a variety of different General Medicine and Acute Medicine patients, It would be best suited for Doctors who would like to be part of a rapidly growing team.
As a Specialty Doctor you will be making senior decisions within the department and team, you will have a consultant working above you if you come to struggle with difficult situations. You are expecting to support other Registrars and Juniors around you however, you will have some designated time within your own job plan to develop your clinical skills.
This post is perfect for doctors who would like to go through the CESR route to become a Consultant in the near future. There are no on calls required but that could change in the future depending on the needs of the department.
The successful Doctor will have a formal job plan which will be agreed with their Clinical Director before starting with the team. This position is based on 10 PA’s, the job plan agreed will be reviewed yearly to make sure it fits the Specialty Doctor guidelines. Other duties include:
- Provide senior support to Registrars and Juniors in the department
- Work closely with the Acute Medicine and Same Day Emergency care team
- Participating in Teaching Juniors and interns
- Time for own personal professional development
- Being involved in audits, research and quality improvement
- Support the Acute Medicine team with providing timely care to patients
- Communicate with other departments both Clinical and Managerial
- Work with the Clinical Governance lead for Acute medicine to support quality improvement?£?
The Midlands is one of the most popular places to live in the UK due to how diverse it is. Having a huge international community and low cost of living is what makes it great for International Medical Graduates. Some other benefits include:
- Incredible transport links to the rest of the country
- City based in The Midlands, all amenities are available such as shops, restaurants, gym, public transport, parks, places of worship etc.
- Low cost of living
- Perfect place to live as a single occupant or to raise a family with excellent education
It is an exciting time to join the team as the Acute Medicine department is going through a rapid expansion! There will be many opportunities to take part in clinical audits, quality improvement and improving care for patients.
Having a supportive, welcoming team it is a great way to kick start your career in the NHS as an IMG or if you are already in the UK, it is a great way to start your journey to complete CESR.
When starting in post you will have a fantastic onboarding system and well organised shadowing period so you can have the time you need to settle into your new position
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (MRCP, MRCPI, USMLE, PLAB, Sri Lankan MD etc.)
- IELTS or OET if you are coming from overseas
- GMC Registration complete or in process
- Experience in a similar role whether in the NHS or elsewhere
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care