Specialty Doctor in Acute Medicine
- £51,000 - £80,000 plus enhancements
- South East
This popular NHS Hospital are looking for a Specialty Doctor to join their supportive, well run Acute Medicine Team. The appointee will be expected to be a senior figure in the department and guide others where needed. This is the perfect opportunity for someone to step up in their career on the path to become a consultant.
You will actively be encouraged to participate in research projects, departmental governance and audits. Also, you will be expected to lead a team of more junior doctors and contribute to their professional development. Overnight you will be the most senior member of the team at the hospital (with a consultant on call if needed).
- Clinical leadership in delivery of high quality acute care.
- Carry out daily ward rounds of medical patients in the Acute Admission Unit.
- Work closely with clinicians and managers within and outside of the department in regards to things that effect the service.
- Supervise and manage all junior staff, providing clinical guidance where needed.
- Abide by the corporate and clinical governance policies of the trust.
- Seeking advice from your seniors where it is needed
- Communicating efficiently and clearly with multi-disciplinary team, local practitioners and community staff
- Providing teaching and training to undergraduates and post graduates.
- Senior decision maker at the hospital front door.
- Make sure there is equal workload across the medical team.
This Hospital is one of the Largest Acute trusts within the Kent region who are also expanding their services daily! They have just opened a brand new 22 bedded frailty unit which is so exciting for newcomers!
The hospital has a Post Graduate Medical Centre that is situation on site, it compromises of a 80 seat lecture theatre and seminar rooms alongside a common room – providing everything you need if you are a undergraduate or post graduate trying to up skill yourself.
It is a great Hospital to work in for those who not only want to develop their career but also to have a homely, multicultural, and diverse community outside of work too! They have a fantastic record of hiring international doctors and helping them settle into the NHS.
The Southeast is the perfect place to live if you are looking for a beautiful, peaceful lifestyle but within a very good distance from England’s Capital – London!
Being the third largest region of England, it has everything you could ever wish for on your doorstep such as: restaurants, shops, supermarkets, pubs, parks, places of worship etc. It is also one of the limited places in the UK that offers Grammar Schools for children.
It will feel like the world is at your feet when it comes to living in Kent, with a large diverse and international population. You are inches away from the Coast where you have a picturesque harbour to walk down in your spare time.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification - MRCP (UK), MRCP (Ireland), PLAB, USMLE, Sri Lankan MD etc.
- MRCP is required
- English qualification e.g., IELTS/OET
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Registrar experience either in the UK or overseas
- At least five years of experience working specifically in Medicine.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.