Specialty Doctor in Acute Medicine
- £51,000 - £80,000
As an Acute Medicine Specialty Doctor you will be responsible for delivering high-quality senior level care to acutely unwell patients presenting to the Acute Medical Unit in this busy Manchester hospital. This job is ideal for individuals looking to work at a level between ST3 and Consultant, likely with the view to work towards CESR and step up to a Consultant level in the NHS.
- You will be responsible for receiving and assessing patients, ordering diagnostics and managing further treatment, for patients in the Acute Medical Unit.
- Most of the work will be based in the Acute Medical Unit, with some requirements to offer Acute Physician advice to colleagues in the Emergency Department.
- You will be leading daily ward rounds as a Specialty Doctor, referring to Consultants. You will also be participating in Acute Medicine on-calls, and general Acute Medicine clinics.
This opportunity is based at a 550+ bed hospital in Manchester. It is a district general hospital with a wide range of clinical services, with large coverage across Internal Medicine specialties. You will be working alongside Acute Medicine junior doctors and Consultants, as well as with nurses, AHPs, and non-clinical staff. The doctor team is comprised of a range of Foundation Doctors, Core Medical Trainees, Specialty Trainees, and Consultants.
The team work hard to create a supportive and open environment focused on education and improvement. The team are committed to helping individuals through the CESR process. Individuals are encouraged to engage in audit and quality improvement projects, lead mortality and morbidity meetings, and multidisciplinary meetings. As a Specialty Doctor you will be assisting with training and teaching to junior doctors and other members of the team.
The hospital is based in Manchester, in the north of England. This is one of the most sought-after locations for doctors moving to the UK. Cost of living is low, so you have greater spending power with your take home salary. It’s an incredibly culturally diverse region with access to international markets, shops and restaurants. There is good access to an international airport for ease of visiting family and friends overseas.
As well as current NHS Specialty Doctors and Registrars, the team are open to discussions with doctors with overseas Registrar/Consultant experience and have helped many international doctors to settle into the NHS.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent post-graduate qualification)
- Occupational English Test (OET) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- GMC Registration either waiting ID check or Complete
- Acute Medicine SCE exam
- NHS experience
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
If this opportunity looks like it might be of interest, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and it can be considered for the post. If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the opportunity feel free to send your queries through to the same email address and we can discuss it further.