This Specialty Doctor position offers an exciting opportunity for a doctor wanting to work in a stunning location, somewhere that offers great career development and a great work-life balance. Here, you will have the chance to make a significant difference in the lives of patients by delivering exceptional care throughout all stages of surgical procedures.
You will join a team of fifteen consultants, one associate specialist and three other speciality doctors to provide resident on-call cover for anaesthetics, as well as general anaesthetic duties. Working across a wide range of anaesthetic subspecialties including emergency obstetrics and paediatrics, this opportunity offers scope for specialist registration and subspecialisation.
This exceptional opportunity offers tremendous potential for financial growth and career advancement. You will benefit from great lifestyle opportunities, a safe environment and great schools as well as benefiting from lower tax rates compared to most countries in the EU. The workplace culture is supportive and inclusive, providing a conducive environment for highly skilled and dedicated anaesthetists
Job Title: Specialty Doctor Anaesthetics and ICU
Location: Isle of Man
Salary: £52,530- £82,400
Contract: 12 months (with a view to extend)
The district general hospital complements 234 beds and is equipped to the highest standards, covering a comprehensive range of services including acute medicine, general surgery, maternity, orthopaedics, paediatrics, special care baby units, ICU and stroke. Despite the hospitals small size, it provides most specialist services.
With the exception of neuro and cardiac surgery, the Anaesthetics and Intensive Care Service offers anaesthesia treatments for all major specialties. The hospital has six main operating theatres with a 10 bedded recovery room. The department is also responsible for a consultant led pain management service. There is a separate maternity unit which hosts the dedicated obstetric theatre and epidural service.
The Trusts Critical Care unit has six beds, which have access to Hamilton C6 ventilators and Phillips monitoring. Two CVVHDF machines are available with access to a renal dialysis unit.
The Island also provides an Air Ambulance Service for the transfer of critically ill patients to the UK. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to gain exposure within this service – providing in flight support for anaesthesia cases during transfers.
Once appointed, a more definitive job plan will be established for the post. You will be expected to take up a minimum of 10 PA’s weekly however subspecialty interest as well as APA’s are flexible depending on your own preference.
The current job plan comprises of theatre and ICU sessions, including paediatric and resident on-call commitments. The period of on-call at night is from 20:00 hours to 08:30 hrs and during the day 08hrs to 0:30hrs.
- participation of pre and post operative visits
- ICU/obstetric cover
- Participation in audit activities and clinical governance
- Teaching and training of trainees, junior medical staff, nursing staff, primary care colleagues and medical students
- Formulation of a Personal development plan to identify training and development needs
- Administrative duties related to patient care
- Involvement in Quality Improvement projects
Education and Development:
- There is a great opportunity within the department to get involved with the teaching and training of medical students, nurses and junior doctors.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in this service and provide in flight anaesthetic support during transfer, with the appropriate training.
- Access to fantastic training and development facilities, including an on-site training centre and simulation suite
To apply for this role, you will need:
- Full GMC Registration (or you have been invited to the ID check stage)
- UK Experience at junior or middle grade level
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you!