This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-reputed acute medicine team, the post has been formed as part of their plans to grow their department following a recent boost in funding. The post is available for any doctors with an interest in Acute Medicine who have experience working at middle grade level overseas, it will also suit any candidates already working in the NHS who are now looking for a step up.
The role includes working alongside the Consultant on the acute medicine ward rounds, you’ll also be required to run ambulatory care clinics.
The post is based on 10 Programmed Activities per week (40 hours), there is an opportunity for additional P.A.’s to participate in on-call arrangements, overtime etc.
- You’ll be responsible for assessing and managing any patients who come in through the front door suffering with acute medical illnesses. You’ll also be expected to review patients on the Short Stay Unit (SSU) and see new patients referred from ED or GP in Medical SDEC.
- Occasionally assist Registrars with the on-call rota for acute and general medicine.
- Teach and supervise junior members of the team.
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments, including GPs for referrals as well as other healthcare professionals.
- Keep your clinical skills up to date with regular CPD.
The hospital is a 500-bedded hospital rated ‘Good’ by the CQC. The hospital provides a full range of district hospital services to the local community and surrounding area.
The hospital has a reputation for the high-quality training they offer their doctors, they have a strong history of helping non-training doctors get into Health Education England’s training system. It’s a fantastic option for any doctor hoping to come to the UK to learn and develop.
The North East includes some wonderful cities which have all you would need, these include Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and places like Leeds and Bradford too. Alongside these cities, the area has some fantastic local scenery and proves a popular place for tourists who are looking for a countryside retreat. These areas include the Yorkshire Dales, Northumberland National Park and the Pennines. Transport hubs are all reasonably close by, the hospital is also within an hour of an international airport for trips overseas.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- A solid background of internal medicine experience working at registrar level overseas or ST1/2 in the UK
The below are preferred but not required:
- Full MRCP (UK)
- SCE Acute Medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.