The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have good communication skills and proficiency working with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be aware of safeguarding protocol, identify and report safeguarding concerns.
- Have a good understanding of audit and take an active role in quality improvement.
- Attend ward rounds, out-patient clinics and visit to individual patients as necessary.
- Ensure children are fit for discharge.
- Become acquainted with management protocols for Paediatrics and help to update them.
- Fulfil the duty of the weekly timetable including any out-of-hours responsibilities.
- Share responsibility with colleagues for the day-to-day management of the paediatric department.
- To carry out the routine daily duties with the Neonatal team.
- To provide support for the Juniors in the routine service on the maternity wards and delivery suite during normal working hours and out of hours when on call.
- The NHS Trust has two multiple sites - this post is based in the larger Hospital with around 500 beds.
- The Hospitals CQC standing is considered good.
- The Trust is dedicated to the professional development of its staff and will provide dedicated training and teaching time each week.
- The Trust serves a population of 500,000.
- The Trust is located in the South East of England; an area known for its diversity.
- There town is brimming with leisure activities perfect for families and boasts Ofsted rated “Good” and “Outstanding” schools.
- There are fantastic public transport connections to Heathrow & Gatwick.
- Plenty to do in your leisure time with the area being very vibrant and multiple opportunities to explore new hobbies.
The successful candidate will have:
- Full MRCPCH
- Completed GMC registration with license to practice.
- Life support qualifications including APLS and NLS.
- Over 5 years’ experience working as a Registrar or equivalent grade.
- Experience In Neonatology.
- Demonstrated experience with safeguarding cases.
- Interest in quality improvement and audit.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.