As a specialist in Geriatric Medicine, you will be providing high-quality medical care to elderly patients. Geriatric medicine is a great way to enter the NHS system for international doctors, as they can use their skills in general medicine overseas and apply them to a specific sub-specialty in general medicine. This position is perfect for doctors with a background in geriatric or general medicine, who have a range of skills and experience in caring for older patients.
- Provide high-quality care to elderly patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team discussions with colleagues.
- Complete associated administrative duties
- Contribute to educational programs within the Trust, teaching and guiding junior doctors, and medical staffing.
- Participation in clinical audit and quality improvement
- Take part in the on-call rota as required.
- Provide management and leadership responsibilities within the Geriatric Department.
- Working alongside the other working partners, such as Community, Acute, and Voluntary sectors
This is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, and the hospital in which this post is based caters to over 300 beds. The hospital has a wide range of departments, across various specialties, such as general medicine, surgery, orthopedics, geriatric medicine, pediatrics, and emergency care. It is staffed by a team of skilled and compassionate medical professionals, including doctors, nurses, and support staff, who work collaboratively to ensure the well-being and recovery of patients. The geriatrics team in this hospital works very closely with the emergency department, to provide the best frailty care for their acute geriatric patients.
The region around this hospital offers an enticing blend of urban and natural beauty, making it an ideal destination for international doctors seeking a high-quality living environment. The city’s cosmopolitan atmosphere is enriched by its diverse cultural scene, historical landmarks, and a lot of entertainment options, providing a well-rounded lifestyle. Its proximity to the countryside and coastal landscapes allows for great outdoor adventures. There are also really great public transport links, including a nearby airport, which makes it easy to travel between the UK and other countries.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- Full GMC with a license to practice.
- Wide range of experience in general or geriatric medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.