Specialist Grade in Acute Medicine
- £80,693 - £91,584
- South East
The team are looking for a dynamic, devoted Specialist to grow within the well-run department. Whether you want to simply improve your skills and career in Acute Medicine or have other development interests – this is a great position for you!
As a Specialist in Acute Medicine, you will be a senior figure in a well-supported team whilst providing the highest clinical standards to patients. You will be required to work in Acute Medicine but also to have good communication with other department in the Hospital both clinically and managerial.
You will be solely based in Acute Medicine including Same Day Emergency Care, AMU and the Short stay ward but also may be required to cover the General Medicine wards. Other duties for this post will include:
- To share and guide with colleagues’ responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Acute Medicine Service not only in your team but Trust wide.
- Join a work force of consultants
- In patient management in Ambulatory Care Unit and Acute Medicine.
- To actively participate in Service Development
- Have responsibility for making sure your own personal development is being completed (Continual Professional Development)
- Participate in Clinical Audits, Clinical Governance and Audits
- Work on the on-call rota which is 1 in 8/9
- Hold teaching sessions for juniors and trainees
This Hospital is based in a rural area close to central London. It is known for being a place of outstanding natural beauty being ranked one of the best rural places to live in the UK. Whilst being within a proximity of London it is also very close to other cities such as Birmingham! Other benefits include:
- Shops, restaurants, gym’s, parks, schools, etc.
- High quality education offering grammar schools alongside comprehensive secondary education
- Close to an international airport
- A wide range of amenities to enjoy in your free time, including well-known tourist attractions
- Good transport links to the rest of the UK
You will be based in a smaller, well supported Hospital on the outskirts of London. With an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team who are looking to expand the Urgent and Emergency department.
The team are well known for supporting international doctors and helping them get started in their first NHS position but also, have the resources to help Doctors who have been in the NHS for a while and are looking to take the next step in their career.
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (MRCP, MRCPI, USMLE, PLAB, Sri Lankan MD etc.)
- IELTS or OET if you are coming from overseas
- GMC registered or in process
- Experience in a similar role whether in the NHS or elsewhere
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short and long term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or if you have any questions you’d like to ask then please send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our team will be in touch to discuss this with you.