This highly regarded Trust are looking for a full-time General Medicine Specialist to join an existing team of 18 NHS consultants providing acute services to the local population. The grade is intended for doctors who have the clinical skills to work at a senior level within the NHS: either those who have independent experience overseas, or those who have worked as a Registrar or Specialty Doctor grade for a number of years. The Trust are able to support applicants with CESR applications, they also have the scope to offer the successful candidate exposure in a sub-specialty of interest.
- Along with Specialist and Consultant colleagues, take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Acute Medicine Service across the Trust.
- Participate in the weekend on call rota for acute medicine, this includes overnights. The frequency is 1 in 9 weekends.
- Participate in medical audit/quality improvement/clinical governance initiatives.
- Ensure continuing professional development (CPD) and revalidation.
- You’ll be encouraged to work toward achieving the requirements and competencies for entry onto the specialist Register for your chosen specialty within Medicine (CESR support provided with a proven track record for progressing candidates applying).
- You’ll be expected to demonstrate leadership within department, this includes supervising and teaching junior clinical colleagues.
The hospital is a large district general hospital in the North East of England. The hospital is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC. As a large hospital, there are a wide range of services available to patients within Medicine. The acute medicine department’s clinical lead is incredibly supportive of doctors who want to progress. She has an excellent track record of helping doctors get specialist registration through CESR and intends to do the same with this post.
You’ll be based in a large town in the North East of England. The North East includes several large cities such as Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle and Bradford all of which will be easily accessible. Cost of living here is rated amongst the lowest when compared to the rest of England. If you’re coming with a family, your children will be able to benefit from some wonderful schools at both primary and secondary level. The North East has some very well-rated universities as well for once your children grow up.
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Either previous consultant experience overseas OR at least 2 years working in the UK as a Specialty Doctor or Registrar
- Full MRCP (Ireland or UK)
Preferred but not essential:
- SCE in any sub-specialty of Medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.