The department are currently looking for a UK experienced emergency medicine doctor to join the team in a fantastic teaching hospital situated in the Southwest of England. The hospital is a large teaching hospital offering the successful applicant the opportunity to work in a thriving department with ample opportunity for future training.
This post is perfect for a doctor looking to work through the CESR program alongside a panel of consultants who are well trained in supporting doctors. The opportunity to rotate through the various departments within the hospital offer some of the best training in the country.
The successful doctor will be provided a clear rota plan which works to an average of around 42 hours per week, with non-clinical duties and teaching sessions provided on a regular basis throughout the rota. Other clinical duties will include:
- Clinical focus on the adult emergency department ward, providing high levels of patient care.
- Be provided clinical support by the senior members of the department.
- Participate in a minimum of 1 clinical audit during the 12-month contract with the opportunity to complete more in the future.
- Be well supported in attaining your competencies for a CESR application including the opportunity for secondments.
- Work alongside the clinical governance team to work on quality improvement within the department.
The Southwest region of England offers a wide variety of opportunities for people, whether you are a settling family or someone looking for a fast pace of life. With numerous large cities, alongside a beautiful wealth of countryside, you will find something perfect for you. Some other benefits include:
- Great transport links to London and the Midlands.
- Large city based in the Southwest of England with easy access to local shops, restaurants, gyms, and travel.
- Relatively low-cost living.
- Wealth of highly rated schools for people with families.
- Vibrant city life for people looking for social opportunities.
It’s a brilliant time to join this trust as they look to expand the emergency medicine rota with doctors looking to make a start on their CESR. You will be supported with a high standard of CESR support from a range of consultants.
The trust is well known for their support of IMGs, and you will find that the opportunity to settle into your new role with high levels of support is guaranteed at this trust. There aren’t many locations that can support doctors in their CESR process as they progress towards becoming a consultant.
Doctors starting at the trust will be given a thorough induction period and will be able to work a more junior rota to ensure their adjustment to their new surroundings run smoothly.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 6 months NHS/Irish or equivalent experience.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications such as the MRCEM qualification.
- GMC registration in full.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to utilise BDI Resourcing when applying for your next position, you will receive the following support from our expert team of Emergency Medicine recruiters:
- Tailored CV preparation and advice.
- Job application support, ensuring your CV is presented to the relevant points of contact.
- Interview preparation utilising questions that are specific to your role and the hospital you are applying to.
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary and financial relocation support.
Once you have accepted your new role, you will then be provided support by one of our dedicated relocation experts, who will be there to support you in every step of your move into your new location. This includes:
- Gathering of pre-employment documentation and verification.
- CoS and VISA guidance and support.
- Short-term and long-term accommodation sourcing.
- Travel arrangements and guidance.
- Family support in locating schools and any other pastoral support required.